Mo. ° / °
Ariz. ° / °
Calif. ° / °
Academic Records
Image of ATSU Students on Campus sharing homework

Academic Records

Enrollment Services is here to help students with a vast array of service areas. The resources below will assist students during their time at ATSU and beyond. Please start here for all requests related to your enrollment and financial history with Enrollment Services. Contact Enrollment Services if you do not find what you need. We look forward to assisting you!

  • Academic Calendar +

    • The Academic Calendar is subject to change at any time by official action of A.T. Still University.

      ATSU approved breaks, holidays, and graduation ceremonies

      Please contact your school or program for a list of ATSU approved breaks, holidays, and graduation ceremonies.

  • Proof of Enrollment and Degree Earned +

    • Student self-service from the National Student Clearinghouse

      Current students and alumni have free, 24/7 access to print enrollment certifications, view enrollment history, and check enrollment verifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to student service providers on their behalf. To access Student Self-Service,

      1. Login to the ATSU Portal,
      2. Click Resources,
      3. Click Academic Resources, and
      4. Click National Student Clearinghouse.
      5. Enter your ATSU username and password again to access the Student Self-Service tools.

      If you are not a student or alumni and requesting verification on a student’s current enrollment, please visit National Student Clearinghouse verification services. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting degree verification information, please visit National Student Clearinghouse verification services.

      Forms and Letters

      If you need a form completed, please drop off your form with Enrollment Services or email your form to If you also need a transcript, you will be given an option to upload your form for completion along with your transcript order.

      If the standard enrollment or degree verification through the National Student Clearinghouse does not meet your needs, you are welcome to request a letter of enrollment either online or by completing and emailing a paper request form.

      1. Submit your request online. You will be required to log into the secure ATSU student portal using your portal login credentials. Or . . .
      2. Complete, sign, and return the paper Verification Request form. Instructions for submitting your verification request are included on the form.


      Questions related to verification requests, should be directed to Enrollment Services at 660.626.2019 or

  • Loan Deferment +

    • The National Student Clearinghouse provides enrollment verification services for ATSU. All students enrolled at least half time are electronically reported to the Clearinghouse every 30 days. The role of the Clearinghouse is to provide continuous enrollment verification to the vast majority of lending institutions.

      If you are enrolled and receive a collection letter after you have started your courses, contact your lender or loan servicer to verify that your deferment has been processed. If it has not, call the Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 to speak to a student service representative. The representative will assist you with verification information, and if you are being threatened with default, intervene on your behalf with your lender.

      Not all lending institutions use the Clearinghouse to verify student enrollment. Enrollment Services will continue to process deferment requests for lending agencies that do not participate in the Clearinghouse. You may contact the National Clearinghouse to find out if your lender participates in the Clearinghouse or if you have any additional questions.

      For loan deferment questions, contact:

      National Student Clearinghouse

  • Course Registration +

    • Residential programs

      Residential programs are registered automatically based upon each program’s curriculum. No action needs to be taken by the student in order to register for a course. This is true for all residential programs with the exception of Biomedical Sciences who utilizes online registration.

      Online programs

      Academic degree plans

      Many of our online programs at ASHS and CGHS are registered based upon an Academic Degree Plan (ADP) that is signed upon matriculation and allows for an automatic registration process as long as no registration holds are on a student’s record.

      Online programs - semester block FAQs

      What do I need to know about enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time)?

      Enrollment status is measured over a semester (made up of two ten week blocks) and includes all the credit hours you take during that semester. In other words, your enrollment status depends on the number of credit hours you take in a given semester. You should plan to register for courses at the beginning of each semester for both blocks that are included in that semester.

      Why is this important?

      If you are required to maintain a specific enrollment status for financial aid purposes, loan deferments, VA benefits, or private scholarships, this is how you meet those requirements.

      Example A: Half-time enrollment (five credit hours for a semester) is required for Direct Loan eligibility. If you plan on taking three credit hours in the first semester block and three credit hours in the second semester block, you would be pursuing six credit hours across the semester and considered more than half-time. You would have to register for both blocks at once to qualify for half-time enrollment status in this scenario.

      Example B: If you register for three credit hours for the first semester block and do not register for second semester block, you will be considered less than half-time at three total hours for that semester. Registering for both blocks at the start of the semester helps you avoid this scenario.

      Please refer to the Enrollment Status section of the ATSU Catalog for credit hour and corresponding enrollment status information.

      How can I qualify for financial aid if I’m a new student and start classes in the second semester block?

      Financial aid is based on your enrollment status for the full semester. If you are a new student in the second semester block, you must be enrolled in at least five credit hours (or half-time).

      What if I only want to register for one semester block?

      You are not required to register for two blocks. It is important to ensure you have the proper enrollment status and meet eligibility requirements for any financial aid you are receiving.

      How much is due when I register for both blocks?

      If you register for both blocks, you will be required to pay prior to the start of the semester or set up a payment plan with the Finance Office. Loan disbursements will be made at the start of the semester when all paperwork has been submitted timely.

      If I register for two blocks at once, can I change my classes later for the second block?

      Registering at the same time for both blocks in a semester will not affect your ability to adjust your class schedule should the need arise. You have the ability to add courses prior to the start of each block or drop courses without financial liability, through the first week of each block (please note dropping courses could impact your financial aid and VA benefit eligibility).

      I registered for both blocks. Should I purchase books for all of my classes (even the ones that begin during the second block)?

      You are encouraged to obtain textbooks by block instead of semester. This will allow for flexibility to adjust your class schedule should the need arise.

      If I take a block off, how will this impact my ability to receive financial aid?

      Enrollment is required to receive financial aid. You must be enrolled at least half-time to receive federal loans.

      If I take a block off, does this mean I have to start paying back my student loans?

      Your enrollment status is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse. The six-month grace period for student loan borrowers begins the day after you are no longer enrolled at least half-time. In addition, an in-school deferment for student loan borrowers requires at least half-time enrollment.

      How and when will financial aid be determined if I failed courses in the previous block? How will this affect me if I have registered for courses in the next block but failed courses in the previous one?

      Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for financial aid will be reviewed at the end of each semester.

      How long are the breaks between blocks?

      Each semester has a one week break between each first and second block.

  • Add/Drop and Withdrawal +

    • What is the difference between a course drop and a program withdrawal?

      A course drop involves dropping one or more courses while still maintaining enrollment within the semester. A program withdrawal occurs when dropped courses lead to no enrollment remaining for the semester. This is true for courses offered within blocks even if first block courses were completed. Learn more about ATSU’s course drop or withdrawal policy by navigating to the ATSU Policy section of the University Catalog.

      Program Withdrawal

      Students withdrawing from their program must fill out the program withdrawal form located on the ATSU portal (under Resources > Academic Resources). Upon form submission, the student’s program has two business days to contact the student to discuss the withdrawal. After two business days, the withdrawal will be processed with an official withdrawal date recorded as the initial submission date of the withdrawal form.

      Add/Drop and Program Withdrawal Deadlines for 2020-2022

      Online programs

      Add or drop a course

      Online program students who wish to add or drop a course should complete the Course Add/Drop Request form. Forms may be submitted up to the end of the first week of the class being added or dropped.

      Students who drop in the first week of their term will not receive ‘W’ grades on their transcript. Students can drop the first 60% of the term and receive a ‘W’ grade, after that point they can no longer drop. Course drops must be submitted by 11:59 PM CT on the last day to drop.

  • Grades +

    • Access grades

      1. Login to the CampusNexus Student Portal, and
      2. Click on Academics to access the Degree Audit. Your degree audit provides a list of all courses associated with your academic program. You may not be required to complete all of the courses listed in the degree audit. Please contact your academic program if you have questions concerning course requirements.

      When will grades be available?

      Final grades for online programs are submitted to Enrollment Services within ten working days from the end of the quarter or semester. Residential program grades are submitted to Enrollment Services within five working days from the end of the quarter or semester. Enrollment Services posts grades within two working days of receipt.

      Contact us with any questions regarding the Academics section of the CampusNexus Student Portal.

  • Transcripts +

    • Official transcripts

      A.T. Still University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide 24/7 transcript ordering online. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. You card will only be charged after your order has been completed. To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site.

      National Student Clearinghouse customer service is available to help with any online system ordering questions at 703.742.4200. Please select the “All other business” option to speak to a customer service representative.

      Unofficial transcripts

      Unofficial copies of an ATSU transcript are available to all students that graduated after 1988. To access your unofficial transcript,

      1. Login to the ATSU Portal,
      2. Click Resources,
      3. Click Academic Resources, and then
      4. Click CampusNexus Student Portal.
      5. Once in the portal, select the Academics link and then Unofficial Transcript.

      If you graduated prior to 1988, you will need to contact Enrollment Services for an unofficial copy of your ATSU transcript.

      If you have not used your ATSU portal account during the last six months, your access may have been terminated. Please complete the Alumni Portal Access Form. The form is submitted automatically to ITS (Information Technology & Services), however, portal activation may take 3-5 working days. After ATSU Alumnus status is verified, the portal account is created and Alumni Relations will send an email to the graduate with their username and password.


      If you have questions about ordering transcripts or the status of your transcript request or information found on the transcript, please contact Enrollment Services!

      Withholding transcripts

      A transcript hold may be placed on a student’s or graduate’s record due to failure to satisfactorily discharge their financial obligations to the University. A transcript hold extends beyond the release of the transcript document. This hold may also block the release of records such as National Board scores and enrollment or degree verifications for internships, residencies, employment, staff privileges, specialty certification, and licensing. Any request to verify educational records would require the student to satisfy the situation that resulted in the hold before being released.

      Graduates who have not received a diploma due to failure to satisfactorily discharge their financial obligations to the University prior to the date of graduation and who have failed to do so following graduation, shall not have the privilege of having transcripts, other records, or recommendations sent to any institution or entity until such debts are paid.

      Transcript legend

      A transcript legend (or key) is included when a student or graduate orders a copy of their transcript. The legend explains the definition or value of the grades earned. The legend included at the time of an order displays the grade information relevant to the current academic year.

      Grades or indicators that may appear on a transcript, but are not represented in the current transcript legend may be found below.


      Grade Value Grade Value
      C Conditional WE Withdraw Early
      Con Conditional WF Withdraw Fail
      S Satisfactory WP Withdraw Pass
      U Unsatisfactory 70R Original grade remediated

      Doctor of Audiology - online program advanced credit explanation

      Newly accepted transitional Doctor of Audiology students are awarded 36 credits for clinical practice. Credit for clinical practice represents credit for documented clinical competence through certification and/or licensure in audiology and a minimum of 4 years of clinical practice prior to matriculation. Additional advanced credits for established competencies are awarded based on the admissions requirements for audiologists to enter the transitional audiology program and based on a review of the Evaluation of Practicing Audiologists Capabilities Assessment (E.P.A.C.) completed by the student. Provision of credit for established competencies in the ten broad categories of audiologic care enables an appropriate individualized academic plan to be determined for each audiologist. These competencies and credit for clinical practice are listed on the transcript and count as credit towards the degree. For a full explanation of the full explanation of the awarding of advanced credit in the online Doctor of Audiology program, please refer to the University Catalog.

      Academic Calendar: past and present

      Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine

      Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

      • Beginning with the class graduating in 1986, clinical training transitioned from recording clock hours to recording in weeks.
      • Beginning with the graduating class of 1997, clinical training will again be recorded in clock hours.
      • Effective July 15, 2013, beginning with the class of 2017, course and clinical credits are recorded in semester hours.

      Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences

      • Effective July 15, 2013, course credits transitioned from being recorded as quarter hours to semester hours

      Arizona School of Health Sciences

      • Effective July 1, 2014, course credits are recorded in semester hours for the following programs; Doctor of Athletic Training, Master of Science in Athletic Training, and the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training.
      • The inaugural Doctor of Occupational Therapy – residential and Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency programs are recorded in semester hours.
      • Effective October 1, 2016, course credits are recorded in semester hours for the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency program.
      • Effective July 17, 2017, course credits are recorded in semester hours for the following programs; Doctor of Physical Therapy - residential, Doctor of Audiology – residential, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy – residential (for the first and second year of the program).
      • Effective July 2018, course credits are recorded in semester hours for the Post-Professional Doctor of Audiology program.
      • Effective July 2019, course credits are recorded in semester hours for the Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies - residential, beginning with the incoming class.
      • Quarter hours are recorded for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies - online, the Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program, and the [Transitional] Doctor of Audiology - online program.

      College of Graduate Health Studies.

      • Effective July 15, 2013, course credits transitioned from being recorded in quarter hours to semester hours.

      Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health

      • Course credits are recorded in semester hours.

      School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona

      • Course credits are recorded in semester hours.

      Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health

      • Course credits are recorded in semester hours.

      Transfer of credit, articulation agreements, and priority consideration agreements

      In order to have prior credits reviewed for transfer credit, please read the Transfer Credit Policy and corresponding program-specific transfer credit policies in the University Catalog. If all requirements are met, complete and submit the application to transfer academic credit form (pdf) and follow the submission instructions outlined in the University Catalog.

      ATSU has an articulation agreement with Truman State University, Kirksville, Mo., which allows automatic awarding of transfer credit and can be reviewed in the University Catalog.

      Priority consideration agreements are in place for some programs at ATSU. At this time, the agreements do not include the automatic awarding of transfer credit. Transfer credit under these agreements follows the same transfer credit process as any program that offers the opportunity to award transfer credit.

  • Diplomas +

    • Diploma orders

      All graduates of ATSU will be mailed a diploma at no charge. Graduates that wish to order an additional copy of their diploma should complete the diploma replacement, duplicate or electronic copy request form (pdf). The following additional guidelines will help graduates as they are deciding whether or not to order a duplicate.

      1. Diplomas damaged during shipping will be replaced at no cost upon receipt of a photo documenting the damage.
      2. Diplomas with incorrect information due to ATSU error or diploma vendor error will be replaced at no cost to the graduate.
      3. Graduates with a name change who did not submit a name of record change request form (pdf) prior to graduating are required to purchase an additional diploma with their new name.
      4. Diplomas lost due to a graduate not updating their address on the CampusNexus Student Portal will need to be reordered at the graduate’s expense.
      5. Graduates must notify ATSU of their missing diploma within six months of their graduation date to receive a new diploma at no charge. After six months, the graduate will be required to purchase a replacement.
      6. Diplomas that are returned to ATSU will be mailed again at no charge to the graduate one additional time. Diplomas returned a second time will require the graduate to pay for shipping costs. Returned diplomas that are not claimed within six months of the graduation date will be destroyed and the graduate will have to purchase a replacement.

      Name on diploma

      The graduate’s name on the diploma will appear as it is listed in the CampusNexus system (First, Middle, Last). Be sure to review your name via the unofficial transcript as the CampusNexus Student Portal does not display middle names. Submit name changes via the name of record change request form along with legal documentation to Enrollment Services prior to your graduation date. Students who do not make any necessary name changes prior to graduation will be charged to reorder a diploma in a different name.

      Mailing address

      Diplomas will be mailed to the address listed within the CampusNexus system as of your graduation date. It is your responsibility to update your address in the portal if you relocate or work with the U.S. Postal Service to apply a forwarding address.

      When will I receive my diploma?

      Diplomas can take up to six to eight weeks to receive after your graduation date. They are ordered after all grades are received at the end of the semester and are shipped directly to graduates from our vendor.

      Diploma sizes

      All diplomas are printed to be displayed horizontally.

      Doctorate — 18x14
      Masters — 11x8.5

      Electronic diploma copies

      If you need an electronic (PDF) copy of your diploma, please complete the diploma replacement, duplicate or electronic copy request form (pdf). Electronic diploma copies are only available for graduates who completed their program after February 1, 2013.

  • F-1 Student Visa +

    • Non-U.S. citizens seeking to study in an approved ATSU program must obtain an F-1 visa issued by the U.S. Government. ATSU is approved to issue a U.S. Department of Homeland Security I-20 Form for select ATSU programs.

      Please reference the ATSU University Catalog for program specific information regarding admission policies for non-immigrant students seeking to study in the U.S. on an F-1 Visa. Not all ATSU programs admit non-U.S. citizens at this time.

      To begin the process of obtaining an I-20 Form, or for general non-immigrant student questions, please contact ATSU’s Designated School Officials (DSOs) at

      Obtaining an I-20 from ATSU+

      International applicants requesting a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) must provide documentation of sufficient funds to cover all first year costs including, but not limited to: tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, and living expenses. Please reference the Cost of Attendance/Budget worksheets for all ATSU programs cost information. Please contact a DSO in Enrollment Services to obtain the required form and submit with the documents described below.

      Requirements for obtaining an I-20 from A.T. Still University

      • You must be admitted to an on-campus degree program.
      • You must provide the required financial documentation showing your ability to pay all costs associated with your program. Acceptable documentation can be in the form of a bank statement, investment statement, affidavit from a U.S. sponsor, or documentation of pre-approval for a private loan, along with the financial statements of a credit-worthy co-signer.
      • You must complete the A.T. Still University Financial Statement and Certification form. Contact Enrollment Services to obtain this form.

      All financial support documents submitted must be:

      • Original documents or certified true copies (faxes and copies will not be accepted)
      • Dated within twelve months of the intended date of enrollment or time of I-20
      • In English or with an official translation into English attached

      Funding from Family or Friends

      • Must complete an I-134 Affidavit of Support, if the sponsor is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
      • Bank statement or letter must be on bank letterhead and include the name of the account holder, account number, and specific amount of funds.
      • The name of the sponsor on the affidavit of support must match the name of the account holder on the bank statement or letter.


      • Bank statement or letter must be on bank letterhead and include the name of the account holder, account number, and specific amount of funds.
      • The name of the account holder on the bank statement or letter must be that of the student/applicant requesting the I-20.
      • All financial support must be readily accessible. That is, you must be able to access the funds within 24 hours. Therefore, stocks, bonds, and life insurance policies are generally not acceptable. Income tax statements, proof of property ownership, and employment letters are not readily accessible funds and not accepted.

      Transferring your I-20 from another U.S. school


      For F-1 students, the process for transferring from one U.S. school to another is quite easy. You simply need to have your immigration record electronically transferred from your current school to ATSU.

      Steps to transfer your immigration record

      • You are officially accepted to ATSU and have paid all required acceptance fees.
      • Contact a Designated School Official (DSO) in Enrollment Services at 660.626.2019 or by email at to obtain the ATSU Transfer Request form and discuss requirements for obtaining an I-20 from ATSU.
      • Notify the DSO (usually an International Student Advisor) at your current school that you will be attending ATSU and need to transfer your SEVIS immigration record. Make sure you meet your current school’s requirements for transfer. They may or may not request your written consent to transfer. Provide the school official with the ATSU Transfer Request form for their completion and return to DSO in Enrollment Services.
      • Discuss with a DSO at your current school the date you want to transfer your immigration record from your current school to ATSU.
        • The date you transfer schools is called your “release date.”
        • As of this date, your SEVIS immigration record can no longer be accessible by your current school and will be accessible by ATSU.
        • The date must be between the end of the semester/quarter at your current school and the beginning of the next semester/quarter at ATSU.
        • The date must be prior to 60 days after the completion date of your program or optional practical training.
        • Know that your employment authorization will be affected by your transfer date.
      • The DSO at your current school will submit your transfer request to SEVIS. The DSO may want to know ATSU’s Immigration ID number, which is provided on the ATSU Transfer Request form.
      • On your release date, SEVIS electronically transfers your SEVIS record to ATSU through the SEVIS database.
      • ATSU will be able to generate you a new I-20 on or after your release date, provided that all other ATSU requirements for international students have been satisfied.


      Employment while in the U.S.

      Work options are a benefit of the F-1 visa. There are rules for each of the employment options. Failure to follow the rules or working illegally means that you will be out of status and must be reinstated.

      On-Campus Employment

      F-1 students do not need USCIS permission to accept employment on-campus. However, the employment must meet the criteria stated below and also shown on the USCIS website. Prior to engaging in on-campus employment, you are required to contact a DSO in Enrollment Services.

      • You can work up to 20 hours per week on campus when classes are in session.
      • You can work over 20 hours per week on campus during holiday or other designated breaks.
      • You are not eligible for “work study” employment.

      Off-Campus Employment

      You are NOT allowed to work off campus without special permission from USCIS. Refer to OPT and CPT information for additional details.

      OPT Employment+

      Optional Practical Training (OPT) is off-campus employment that is related to your major field of study and is a benefit of the F-1 visa status. Helpful information regarding OPT can be found on the USCIS website.

      Before You Apply for OPT

      What is Optional Practical Training? OPT is off-campus employment that is related to your major field of study. OPT is a benefit of the F-1 visa status.

      Who is eligible for OPT? An F-1 student who is eligible to apply for OPT must have been in lawful F-1 status for one full academic year prior to applying for OPT. Available both before and after completion of your academic program, but different rules apply to pre- and post-completion OPT. If you have questions about whether or not you are eligible, contact a DSO in Enrollment Services.

      What is Curricular Practical Training (CPT)? CPT permits employment to fulfill a course requirement before graduation only. CPT requires the offer of a specific job. Please ask a DSO in Enrollment Services if you are not sure if you need OPT or CPT.

      When can I use my OPT? Eligible F-1 students may engage in optional practical training for a total of 12 months:

      • After completion of a course of study
      • After completion of all course requirements if engaged in thesis or dissertation research
      • While school is in session, provided that it does not exceed 20 hours per week in any given week while school is in session
      • During the summer or winter break of the regular academic year.

      If I had CPT, can I still have OPT? Yes, provided that you did not have CPT full-time for twelve months.

      When You Apply for OPT

      What are the requirements needed to apply for OPT? You don’t need a job offer in order to apply for OPT, but you must apply for OPT before you complete your studies.One can apply as early as possible within the last semester/quarter of studies.

      How do I apply for OPT? To apply for OPT, complete the steps listed below:

      • Step 1: Review the OPT Checklist provided by Enrollment Services
      • Step 2: Complete the I-765 Application USCIS form I-765
      • Step 3: Mail the Application to USCIS, Nebraska Service Center

      Please contact a DSO in Enrollment Services if you have questions after you have read the information on this website and have completed all the forms to the best of your ability.

      Submit the I-765 application and supporting documentation to USCIS. Your application should include:

      • Check or Money Order to USCIS
      • 2 OPT photos cut to size (Refer to I-765 for Instructions)
      • I-765 Application
      • A copy of both sides of your new SEVIS I-20 requesting OPT, signed by a DSO in Enrollment Services within 30 days. Do not send your original I-20 to USCIS.
      • A copy of your I-94, front and back
      • A copy of your passport photo page, passport expiration date page and your visa (If your passport is extended on another page, include that page as well)
      • A copy of any previous Employment Authorization Document (EAD card) you have received from USCIS, if applicable (e.g., OPT authorized for a different degree).
      • If you have received an EAD before, also include copies of all previous I-20s.
      • Send your completed application and supporting documents to the Nebraska Service Center address shown on the I-765 instructions.

      What does a DSO in Enrollment Services do in the OPT process? While the DSO can recommend OPT permission, it is the USCIS that must approve the OPT. The DSO will verify that you are in lawful F-1 status and then make a notation on the third page of your I-20. You are required to provide the employment start date which will be submitted to USCIS and appear on your I-20. This date will start the 12 months of OPT eligibility.

      What documents should I send to USCIS for OPT? Refer to Step 3 for information on which documents to include and where to send your application.

      Is there a special way to mail the documents? You cannot apply for OPT in person at the USCIS office. The application must be submitted by mail. Do not use any type of mail service that would require USCIS to sign for the envelope. Courier service not requiring a signature can be used.

      Rather than apply for OPT early in the semester/quarter, isn’t it a better idea to wait until I have a job offer? If you wait until you have a job offer before you apply for OPT, you risk delaying the start of your employment, which can, in turn, often mean losing the job offer. It can take up to 120 days to receive OPT work authorization and most employers are unwilling to wait that long to fill a position.

      After I apply for OPT, can I change my start date? If you have not yet completed your studies AND your OPT application has not been processed by Immigration, then it might be possible to change the start date on your OPT. However, anytime that we try to make a change on an application that has already been sent to the Service Center, there is a risk that the change will not be implemented at the time of adjudication of your application. Once an application has been approved, we cannot change the start date.

      Where can I get my receipt “LIN” number? You will receive a Form I-797 “Notice of Action” from the USCIS approximately two weeks after you mail your application to USCIS. The “LIN” number is the receipt number printed in the upper left corner of the USCIS Form I-797 “Notice of Action” receipt. If you have your “LIN” number you can check the status of your application online.

      When You Have OPT Authorization

      When can I start work under OPT? When you have the EAD and the start date of employment authorization (shown on the EAD) has arrived. If your EAD arrives later than the date your employer wishes you to begin working, you may not begin to work early. You cannot begin to work until the EAD card is in your hand and the start date has arrived.

      Does OPT employment need to be full-time? If you have completed your studies, OPT employment must be full time.

      Can I change employers during my OPT? Yes. As long as the employment is related to your field of study, you can work for any employer.

      What type of visa am I on and can I travel outside the U.S.? OPT is not a different visa. A person with OPT authorization is an F-1 student holding an EAD for OPT. Refer to the OPT Travel Regulations for more information.

      OPT Travel Regulations

      If you have graduated and your OPT is pending: You may travel outside the U.S. and reenter the U.S. while your OPT application is pending in order to resume searching for a job. In order to reenter the U.S., you will need:

      • Valid passport
      • Valid F-1 visa
      • I-20 signed for travel within six months
      • I-797 receipt notice (OPT receipt)

      If you have graduated and your OPT has been approved: You may travel outside the U.S. only if you have a job offer or you are returning to a job. In order to reenter the U.S., you will need:

      • Valid passport
      • Valid F-1 visa
      • I-20 signed for travel within six months
      • EAD card
      • Letter from your employer stating that you need to return to the U.S. to resume working

      If you have not graduated: You may travel outside the U.S. and reenter the U.S. because you are still a student. In order to reenter the U.S., you will need:

      • Valid passport
      • Valid F-1 visa
      • I-20 signed for travel within six months
      • Letter from a DSO in Enrollment Services stating that you have not yet graduated

      When You Finish OPT

      How long can I stay in the U.S. after my OPT expires? 60 days.

      Can I return to school after completing OPT? Yes, provided you obtain a new I-20 for the next program of studies within 60 days of your OPT expiration. This will require you to complete the USCIS procedure for moving to a new level of studies (if you resume studies at ATSU) or the procedure for a school transfer (if you go to a different school).

      I already finished a year of OPT and I want to return to school. When I finish can I have another year of OPT? Yes, provided your degree is at a higher level than your previous degree (e.g. you have a M.S. and are now working on a Ph.D.). You also must meet the OPT eligibility requirements.

      CPT Employment+

      Curricular Practical Training (CPT) allows F-1 students to take academic internships off campus. The requirements of CPT are:

      • The internship must be related to the student’s field of study
      • The internship must be required by the department or advisor
      • The student must receive academic credit and a grade for the internship

      CPT is employer-specific. Therefore, students must have been offered a position in writing before CPT can be approved. The internship can be either paid or unpaid.

      The Application Process

      To apply for CPT, students should first meet with a DSO in Enrollment Services to discuss the internship and then submit the Curricular Practical Training Agreement. The DSO will review your application for approval.

      Frequently Asked Questions

      What is curricular practical training? Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an employment authorization that allows F-1 students to work off campus in a work/study program such as an internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. Must be an integral part of an established curriculum.

      Who is eligible for CPT? An F-1 student who has been in lawful status for one full academic year and has not completed their course of study. Exception exists for graduate students whose program requires immediate curricular training.

      When can I apply? You can apply at any time, provided you are qualified. Available only before completion of studies.

      Do I need a job offer to apply? Yes. CPT can only be authorized for a specific job. This job cannot change during the CPT.

      Do I need to be enrolled while doing my CPT? Yes. You MUST get academic credit for your CPT, even if your CPT is during the summer semester/quarter.

      Do I need to apply to USCIS for CPT? No. A DSO in Enrollment Services can authorize your CPT. Authorization is documented in SEVIS and a new I-20 with approval notation is issued.

      How do I apply for CPT? To apply for CPT, students should first meet with a DSO in Enrollment Services to discuss the internship and then submit the Curricular Practical Training Agreement.

      How will CPT affect OPT in the future? If you have full-time CPT for a total of 12 full months (365 days), you will not be eligible for OPT.

      What happens if I am authorized for CPT and then I change my mind or lose my job? You must notify your DSO immediately in order to cancel your CPT with USCIS.

      Useful Links+

      Please note that following the links below will take you out of the ATSU website.


      1. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
      2. U.S. Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP/SEVIS)
      3. U.S. Department of State
      4. Study in the States

        Maintaining Status+

        It is your responsibility to comply with all Immigration regulations that apply to non-immigrant students. If you are not sure whether or not an action will affect your immigration status, please contact a DSO in Enrollment Services before taking that action. Visit the USCIS website for additional information related to maintaining your status.

        If you violate your immigration status, you will not be able to work on or off campus, engage in practical/academic training, or transfer schools until you have been reinstated to F-1 Status. You may be required to leave the United States. Refer to the reinstatement guidelines at the USCIS website for more information.

        Basic requirements for maintaining your status include:

        • Not engaging in unauthorized employment
        • Having a valid passport
        • Having a valid I-20
        • Maintaining a full course load

        Valid Passport

        In general, passports are valid if they have not expired. Do not let your passport expire while you are in the U.S. Below are instructions for renewing your passport and information on traveling with your passport.

        Renewing Your Passport

        Your passport should be valid at all times. If your passport is near expiration, please contact your country’s embassy or consulate. They will give you instructions on how to renew your passport. This process can take anywhere from three-six months, so please plan accordingly.

        Traveling with Your Passport

        Your passport must be valid for at least six more months at the time you re-enter the U.S. Some countries have passport agreements with the U.S. that would allow you to enter with less than six months remaining on your passport.

        Valid Documents

        Travel Documents

        When you travel to the US, you need to make sure you have the following documents with you:

        • I-20 with current signature (I-20 requires a current signature every 12 months or every 6 months while on OPT)
        • Valid passport (valid for at least six months after your arrival)
        • An F-1 visa
        • The same proof of financial ability that you used to obtain your I-20 and visa

        At the Port of Entry

        A visa does not guarantee entrance into the US. The USCIS has the authority to deny admission at the port of entry. While traveling, carry important documents with you. Do not place them in a suitcase.

        Things to expect when coming into the United States

        • Be sure to have all of your documents in order upon arrival. Before leaving the airplane, the flight attendant will pass out an I-94 card for you to fill out with information regarding your arrival in the United States. You need to keep this card throughout your stay in the United States, as it shows that you have entered the United States legally.
        • At the port of entry into the United States, immigration officials will inspect your passport, visa, and statement of financial support. Have these documents out and ready for the officials.
        • The officials will stamp your documents as proof of your legal entry into the United States.
        • Your I-94 card is usually stapled in your passport. It documents your entry, including your status and the length of time you can stay in the United States.

        Enrollment Guidelines

        You must take enough credits each semester/quarter in order to maintain your F-1 non-immigrant status. Contact the Enrollment Services for additional details.

        Travel Basics (Updating I-20)+

        Travel Basics

        • You may travel freely within the U.S. at any time.
        • You may leave the U.S. at any time. Note, however, that you may need a visa to enter other countries. Please check with the relevant embassy to determine entry requirements for any country you are planning to visit during your travels.
        • If you re-enter the U.S., you must have all necessary documents with you.
        • We recommend that you carry your I-20 and passport with you when you travel.


        Visit the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website for additional details.

        Please note that the requirements below apply to dependents as well.

        • Passport (must be valid for six months beyond the date of re-entry)
        • Valid U.S. Visa for your current visa status. See the ICE website for exceptions.
        • I-20 signed for travel
          • Travel signatures are valid for one year. However, if you have approved OPT, travel signature is valid for six months.
        • Financial document (e.g., bank statement) showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses.

        At the Border

        What happens to my I-94 card when I leave and re-enter the U.S.?

        • When you leave the U.S., you will give this document to border officers or airline officials.
        • Exception: When traveling to Canada, Mexico, and most Caribbean islands, you may be allowed to keep your I-94 if you will be out of the U.S. for less than 30 days.
        • When you return to the U.S., you will receive a new I-94.

        What happens when I cross the border into the U.S.?

        • Have your passport, visa, and I-20 or DS-2019 ready for the Immigration officer.
        • The Immigration officer will put a stamp on your:
        • I-20 (if there is not a stamp on page one of the document)
        • I-94 (unless you are returning with the same I-94)
        • The stamp will list your immigration status and “D/S” (Duration of Status).
        • You will have your fingerprints taken and possibly have your photo taken.

        What should I do if I have problems at the border?

        • Ask the border officer to call the University Registrar at 660.626.2019 or 866.626.2878 ext. 2019. They can also send an email to
        • Ask the border officer for an I-515 which is a document that allows you into the U.S. for 30 days.
        • If you receive an I-515, please make an appointment with a DSO in Enrollment Services following your return to campus.

        Keeping Your Documents Valid

        How do I make sure my passport is valid?

        • Your passport must be valid for at least 6 more months at the time you re-enter the U.S.
        • Some countries have passport agreements with the U.S. which would allow you to enter with less than six months remaining on your passport.
        • Contact your country’s embassy or consulate for instructions for renewing your passport.

        How do I renew my visa?

        • If your visa has expired or you have used all of the entries, you must have it renewed at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
        • You may go to a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country or another country.
        • Review instructions for renewing your visa.

        How do I make sure my I-20 is valid for re-entry?

        • Please review your I-20 before you travel. If an update is needed, contact Enrollment Services so that you may receive a new document or travel signature before leaving the U.S. Page 3 of your I-20 requires a current signature every 12 months or every 6 months while on OPT.
        • If a new signature is needed, notify Enrollment Services at least 1 week prior to travel. If you are not on the MO or AZ campus, you will need to request a new signed copy be mailed to you.
        • If you do not have time to wait for regular mail, you can request your updated I-20 be sent via FedEx Overnight using the I-20 FedEx request form (pdf). There is a $25 fee to mail within the US. Due to varying international rates, the FedEx fee may be greater than $25. If mailing to an international address, any FedEx fee greater than $25 will be charged to your credit card. Please allow a 1-2 day processing time for all requests.
        • You are also welcome to mail us your own prepaid envelope.

        Glossary of Terms+

        Admission Number: a unique 11 digit number assigned to non-immigrants as they enter the U.S. This number can be found on the I-94 Arrival / Departure Record.

        Arrival / Departure Record: Form I-94 which is processed at the port of entry, and includes USCIS Admission Number, date and place of entry, visa classification, and length of time the person is permitted to remain in the U.S.

        Certificate of Eligibility (I-20): forms issued by an institution for a student or scholar to use in applying for a visa to enter the U.S.

        Curricular Practical Training (CPT): permission given to an F-1 student by a Designated School Official to engage in employment that is an integral part of the established curriculum.

        Designated School Official (DSO): an employee with USCIS authorization to sign I-20s.

        “D/S”: Duration of Status- length of time in which a student can remain in the U.S. while maintaining non-immigrant visa status.

        Employment Authorization Document (EAD): a photo ID card issued by USCIS to authorize work permission.

        Full-course of study: The number of credits a student must take to maintain non-immigrant visa status.

        Non-Immigrant: someone who is admitted to the U.S. for a specific purpose and temporary period of time.

        Optional Practical Training: permission given to F-1 students to engage in employment directly related to the field of study.

        Out-of-Status: when a non-immigrant fails to comply with all of the conditions of his/her immigration status.

        Passport: biographical booklet issued by a national government to its citizens to allow for travel to other countries and return to home country.

        Reinstatement: an application procedure to have a non-immigrant visa status revalidated after falling out-of-status.

        Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS): Department of Homeland Security’s web-based system for maintaining information on international students.

        U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS): the U.S. government agency responsible for controlling the borders of the U.S. and for providing services to non-U.S. citizens in the U.S.

        U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE): has a broad range of law enforcement authorities, with responsibility for enforcing more than 400 federal statutes related to national security and public safety.

        Visa: a label in a passport indicating the classification in which one may apply for entry to the U.S.

    • FERPA - Student Privacy +

      • FERPA information for students | FERPA information for faculty and staff

        A.T. Still University is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its students. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) sets forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records. FERPA governs the release and access to education records maintained by an educational institution. FERPA applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. The following information covers the basic privacy issues related to student records, under FERPA. Questions concerning FERPA can be emailed to

        To anonymously report FERPA concerns, please call 1.855.FRAUD.HL or visit (Company ID is “ATSU”).

        Education records

        An education record is any record maintained by the University or agency or party acting for the University from which a student can be personally identified. Records may be in any form and include, but not limited to: written documents, computer media, video or audio tape, photographs, microfilm, microfiche, and electronic files.

        Education records do not include:

        • Sole possession records – a record kept by a faculty or staff member if it is kept in the sole possession of the maker of the record and is not accessible or revealed to any other.
        • Law enforcement records
        • Employment records
        • Medical records
        • Alumni records

        Student rights

        The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. The law guarantees students of the following:

        • The right to inspect and review their education records.

        When a record contains information about more than one student, the student may inspect and review only the records which relate to him/her.

        Students who wish to review their education records should reference the Education Records section on the Student Affairs website.

        A.T. Still University is not required to provide copies of educational records, unless distance prevents the student from access. Reasonable fees for copies of records may be charged by the University.

        • The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy or other rights.

        Students may ask the University to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should write the University official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.

        If the University decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the University will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.

        Upon request, the University will arrange for a hearing, and notify the student, reasonably in advance of the date, place and time of the hearing.

        The student may have an adviser present at the hearing. If the student desires to have an adviser present, he/she must notify the hearing panel of this fact, in writing, no less than two working days prior to the hearing. Advisers must be members of the A.T. Still University community (i.e. current students, faculty, staff). This adviser serves as a support person to the student and may not speak for the student, nor address the hearing panel. If the student requests to have private legal counsel present, the hearing panel may reschedule the hearing so that A.T. Still University legal counsel may be present.

        The student shall be afforded a full and fair opportunity to present written evidence relevant to the issues raised in the original request to amend the student’s education records.

        The hearing will be conducted by a three-person panel comprised of University officials who do not have a direct interest in the outcome of the hearing. The panel will be appointed by the vice president for student affairs. The hearing panel will prepare a written decision, within 10 business days of completion of the hearing, based solely on the evidence presented at the hearing. The decision will include a summary of the evidence presented and reasons for the decision. If the University determines that the challenged information is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student’s right of privacy, it will amend the record and notify the student, in writing, that the record has been amended.

        If the University determines that the challenged information is not inaccurate, misleading or in violation of the student’s rights of privacy, it will notify the student or their right to place with the record a statement commenting on the challenged information and/or a statement setting forth the reasons for disagreeing with the decision. The statement will be maintained as part of the student’s education records as long as the contested portion is maintained. If the University discloses the contested portion of the record, it must also disclose the statement.

        Grades and academic performance evaluations may be challenged under this procedure only on the basis of the accuracy of their transcription.

        • The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

        One exception which permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the University in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the University has contracted (such as the National Clearinghouse, an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official performing his or her tasks.

        A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.

        • The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education's Student Privacy Policy Office a complaint concerning alleged failures by University to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is: Student Privacy Policy Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-8520
        • The right to obtain a copy of the University’s student records policy. A copy of the policy can be obtained from Enrollment Services.

        FERPA rights apply to all students in attendance and former students. FERPA rights do not apply to deceased students or persons who have applied but not attended. Request for records of a deceased student will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The University reserves the right to deny the request.

        FERPA begins on the day of matriculation.

        Annual notification

        Students will receive electronic notifications of their FERPA rights each semester enrolled at ATSU. Additionally, a copy of the policy can be obtained by contacting Enrollment Services or by accessing the policy via ATSU’s website.

        Right to refuse access

        A.T. Still University reserves the right to deny transcripts or copies of records not required to be made available by FERPA, if the student has unpaid financial obligations to the University or if there is an unresolved disciplinary action against the student.

        Directory information

        A.T. Still University has identified the following items as directory information: Name, primary address, telephone number, email address, dates of attendance, class year (if applicable), enrollment status (i.e. full-time/part-time), previous institution(s) attended, program(s) of study, awards, honors, degree(s) conferred (including dates), class roster, class schedule, photographs, expected graduation date, and limited release of date of birth. DOB will only be released to official agencies as required for matching student records or as a validation of positive identification when furnished by a person making an inquiry.

        These items may be released without the prior written consent of the student. However, it is our policy not to do so, unless it is deemed to be in the best interest of the student.

        Students reserve the right to request in writing that directory designated items be restricted from public disclosure. If they wish to do so, students may fill out a Nondisclosure of Directory Information Form (pdf). The nondisclosure restriction will remain in effect until Enrollment Services is notified in writing by the student to remove the FERPA restriction.

        A.T. Still University assumes no liability if honoring the nondisclosure request has a negative effect for the student.

        Non-directory information

        Non-directory information is any information considered personally identifiable, such as social security number, student ID, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, academic standing, and any information not identified as directory information. This type of information cannot be released without the prior written consent of the student, except under the following:

        1. To schools in which the student seeks or intends to enroll.
        2. To federal, state, and local authorities involved in the audit or evaluation of compliance with educational programs.
        3. To comply with a judicial order or subpoena.
        4. In connection with financial aid, as necessary to determine the eligibility, amount or conditions of the financial aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid.
        5. To organizations conducting studies for or on behalf of educational institutions.
        6. To accrediting organizations.
        7. To the parents of a student, who are considered a dependent student under the Internal Revenue Code.
        8. When a health or safety emergency is apparent.
        9. To an alleged victim of a crime of violence, the results of a disciplinary hearing may be disclosed.
        10. To school officials with a legitimate educational interest.

        Record of requests for disclosure

        Enrollment Services will maintain a record of all requests for and/or disclosures of non-directory information from a student’s education records, as required under FERPA regulations. The record will indicate the name of the party making the request, any additional party to whom the information may be re-disclosed (if any), and the legitimate interest the party had in requesting or obtaining the information.

        Reporting a Suspected FERPA Violation

        When a FERPA violation is suspected, please provide a brief summary of the concern and email to for investigation. ITS will contact you to go through a series of questions and complete an internal form to determine if any type of violation has occurred (FERPA, HIPAA, security incident, etc.).

        Faculty and staff

        All employees of ATSU are required to read and sign the ATSU Staff Handbook which addresses FERPA. Annually employees are asked to review FERPA and the online FERPA tutorial during the annual employee training. In addition, Enrollment Services will periodically send FERPA reminders and information through a variety of distribution methods.

        Please note, usage of ATSU’s email system is required when conducting ATSU related business via email.

        Grading policy

        A.T. Still University adheres to the grading practices recommended under FERPA. Grades are not posted in a public manner either by student name, social security number, or student identification number. FERPA permits the posting of grades only if the student is assigned a unique identifier known only to the student and the faculty member.

        Parental access

        If a student is not a dependent for tax purposes, the parent has no right to access student record information about the child unless the parent has the child’s written permission. However, if the student is claimed by the parent as a dependent for income tax purposes on their most recent Federal Income Tax form, then student record information may be released at the discretion of the University to the parent, as long as a copy of the applicable page from the parent’s most recent income tax return is provided to the University and it verifies dependency. Full rights are given to either parent, regardless of who claims the child as a dependent, unless the institution has been provided with evidence that there is a court order, state statute, or legally binding document limiting those rights, such as divorce, separation or custody orders.

        Types, locations, and custodian of education records

        To view a list of the types of records maintained by A.T. Still University, their locations, and custodians please visit the Education Records section of the Department of Student Affairs.

        FERPA information for faculty and staff

        The information provided below is taken from the 2012 FERPA Guide, written and published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). This guide is written in consultation with the Student Privacy Policy Office (SPPO), which is responsible for providing assistance to ensure compliance with FERPA, and which investigates, processes, and reviews FERPA complaints and violations.

        Letters of recommendation

        “Statements made by a person providing a recommendation that are made from that person’s personal observation or knowledge do not require a written release from the student who is the subject of the recommendation. However, if personally identifiable information obtained from a student’s education record is included in a letter of recommendation (grades, GPA, etc.), the writer is required to obtain a signed release from the student which (1) specifies the records that may be disclosed, (2) states the purpose of the disclosure, and (3) identifies the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure can be made. If kept on file by the person writing the recommendation, the letter of recommendation and student release would be part of the student’s education record and the student has the right to read it unless he or she has waived their right to access (AACRAO 2012 FERPA Guide, p. 35)."

        Enrollment Services can also provide you with a Letter of Recommendation Permission Release form (pdf) which can be completed by the student and maintained with a copy of the letter of recommendation.

        Sample permission letter for writing a letter of recommendation

        I give permission for Dr. Reid to write a letter of recommendation to:

        Highland Hospital
        1 Hospital Drive
        Springfield, MO 65804

        Dr. Reid has my permission to include my grades, GPA, and class rank in this letter.

        I waive/do not waive my right to review a copy of this letter at any time in the future.

        Signature and date

        Posting of grades by faculty

        Public posting of grades either by the student’s name, school identification number, or social security number without the student’s prior written consent is a violation of FERPA. This includes the posting of grades to a class website and applies to any public posting of grades for students taking distance education courses.

        Instructors who wish to post grades should use a system that ensures that FERPA requirements are met. This can be accomplished by obtaining the student’s written consent or by using a unique identifier known only to the student and the instructor. The order of posting should not be alphabetic.

        Parental access to an eligible student’s education records

        At the postsecondary level, parents have no inherent rights to inspect their son’s or daughter’s education records. The right to access is limited solely to the student.

        Records may be release to parents only if certain conditions are met. Therefore, all faculty and staff should refer such requests to the Enrollment Services.

        Helpful hints to avoid FERPA violations

        • Never release non-directory designated information over the phone or to a third-party without written consent.
        • Prior to releasing "directory" designated information on a student, ensure they do not have a FERPA hold on their information.
        • Ensure that student information is shredded when no longer needed and in compliance with ATSU Policy No. 10-209: ATSU Record Retention Policy.
        • Do not leave confidential information displayed on an unattended computer.
        • Cover or put away papers that contain confidential information if you are going to step away from your desk.
        • Double check you are sending email messages to the correct address.
        • Do not discuss confidential student information in a manner in which others who do not have a legitimate interest in knowing such information can hear.
        • Do not share student educational record information with other ATSU school officials unless a legitimate educational interest exists.
        • Refer all requests for student information to Enrollment Services. This includes requests from a student’s family.
        • Password protect documents with confidential information.
        • Utilize Virtru or Gmail confidential mode to protect information sent in emails.
        • Never circulate a class roster containing social security number or student identification number.

    • USMLE +

      • Part B of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) application process requires students to complete the Certification of Identification and Authorization form. The ATSU seal and a signature by an authorized member of Enrollment Services are required to complete this part of the application process. Students may bring the form to Enrollment Services in person or mail it. Upon request, once the seal and appropriate signature have been obtained, Enrollment Services staff can:

        1. Notify the student that the completed form is ready for pick-up by ATSU email,
        2. Return the completed form to the student by mail, or
        3. Mail the completed form to the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), Applicant Services address listed at the bottom of the Certification of Identification and Authorization form.

        Things to know

        • Enrollment Services will mail forms every Thursday via United States Postal Service (USPS).
        • This office will not handle the mailing of application fees. If a student wants to mail their application fee along with their application, the student will need to either pick up their completed form or have their completed form mailed back to them.
        • Enrollment Services is not responsible for tracking or meeting application deadlines. This is a student responsibility. Therefore this office will not guarantee or be held liable for applications that are not received by the NBME office by the cutoff dates nor is this office responsible for damage or loss by the USPS. Enrollment Services offers this mailing service as a convenience to students.

        If mailing your form, please send to:

        A.T. Still University
        ATTN: Enrollment Services
        800 W. Jefferson
        Kirksville, MO 63501

        When mailing your form, please indicate which option you would like Enrollment Services to complete.