KCOM Alum appointed to advisory councilPosted: October 30, 2015
Richard G. Kenney, DO, ’79 was recently appointed to the Missouri Advisory Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse for a three-year term beginning Dec. 2, 2015. Dr. Kenney graduated from A.T. Still University’s Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. As a member of the Advisory Council, Dr. Kenney will have many roles and responsibilities including:
- Promoting meetings and programs for the discussion of reducing the effects of alcohol or drug abuse.
- Disseminating information in cooperation with other departments and agencies on the prevention, evaluation, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of persons affected by alcohol and drug abuse.
- Studying and reviewing current prevention, evaluation, care, treatment, rehabilitation technologies and recommending appropriate preparation, training, retaining and distribution of manpower.
- Recommending specific methods, means, and procedures that will improve and upgrade the alcohol and drug abuse service delivery system for the citizens of Missouri.
- Participating in the development and dissemination of criteria and standards to qualify alcohol and drug abuse residential facilities, day programs, and other specialized services in the state for funding by the department.
Congratulations to Dr. Kenney for being appointed to this council!