ATSU-KCOM Heartland PreMed Conference 2018Posted: June 14, 2018
A.T. Still University will host the inaugural Heartland PreMed Conference at A.T. Still University on Sept. 8, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The conference is open to all pre-medical students interested in osteopathic medicine and pre-health advisors. Attendees will learn about osteopathic philosophies while attending student panels, breakout sessions, and a medical school fair with participating schools.
The event is sponsored by A.T. Still University, Des Moines University, Kansas City University, and Marian University.
Where: A.T. Still University – 800 W. Jefferson St., Kirksville, MO 63501
When: Sept. 8, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
* History of Osteopathic Medicine
* Competitive Applications Workshop
* MCAT Preparation
* Women in Healthcare
* Day in the Life of a Physician
* Osteopathic Student Panel
* Interview Etiquette
* Considering Biomedical Sciences Programs
* Mock Interviews
* Tours with hands-on activities in Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine’s state-of-the-art Ultrasound, Human Patient Simulation, and OMM Labs
* Museum of Osteopathic Medicine Tours
All attendees must register in advance in order to attend. Students and health professions advisors are free.
Hotel Information: Blocks of rooms are available at hotels listed below. Guests should call and mention the ATSU Pre-Health Conference to book the room.
- Hampton Inn, 660.956.4686 (Blocks available through Aug. 18, 2018)
- University Inn & Suites, 660.627.1100 (Blocks available through Aug. 15, 2018)
- Depot Inn & Suites, 660.332.4669 (Blocks available through Aug. 7, 2018)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 660.956.4682 (Blocks available through Aug. 7, 2018 at 12 a.m.) Block code: HPC.
Other available hotels:
- Days Inn, 660.664.8244