Library research support servicesPosted: August 1, 2023
ATSU librarians provide a wide range of services to support our faculty, students, and staff when conducting research or publishing their work. We can help you with literature searching, research data management and sharing, citations, copyright, publishing, and more.
The library’s research support services include:
- Designing search strategies and conducting literature searches on your behalf
- Provide in-depth consultations to support systematic and scoping reviews
- Co-authoring systematic and scoping reviews
- Identifying grey literature for a literature review
- Consulting on research data management and data sharing
- Finding datasets for your research question
- Helping you comply with funder and journal data-sharing policies (such as the 2023 NIH DMS Policy)
The library also provides a variety of scholarly communication services to help you in your writing, publishing, and scholarship. Some of our services include:
- Recommending high-quality journals that fit your research
- Evaluating potentially predatory journals
- Identifying ways you can publish your work open access
- Helping you understand copyright and publishing agreements
- Evaluating the research impact of a journal
- Helping you properly format your citations
- Teaching you how to use citation management tools
In addition to helping you directly, we have developed LibGuides that you can use to learn more about any of these topics on your own time. You can find more information and links to all these guides on the Library Research Hub and the Library Writing & Publication Hub.
We are also able to teach the above topics in classes or to faculty groups on request.
If you are interested in any of these services, reach out to your liaison librarian.