Introduction to LibGuidesPosted: August 1, 2023
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer amount of resources available on the library website? Do you need help understanding a research topic? Want more information on one of the library’s services?
The library staff work hard to produce LibGuides on all of these topics and more. So what is a LibGuide? Our LibGuides are simply web pages produced by library staff to help faculty, students, and staff understand and use library resources, build their research and evidence-based practice skills, and understand library services.
Each guide is devoted to a particular topic, and contains information about a topic, relevant library databases, eBooks, and other resources, and links to other resources and more information as needed.
Our LibGuides fall into a few broad categories:
- Program Toolkits – these toolkits are designed to provide the most used resources and essential information for students in each program
- Special Audience Guides – these guides are similar to toolkit, and collect resources and information for different groups at ATSU
- Database and Resource Guides – these provide helpful information on how to use and find some of our most popular databases
- Tutorials and Course Guides – these guides are designed to teach students essential skills on core topics such as EBP. There are also many guides designed for specific courses.
- Research Hub – the research hub itself is a guide that collects together essential information on conducting research and the many research support services the library provides. The guides in this section are designed for experienced and new researchers alike and are easy-to-read introductions to complex research topics with accompanying links, resources, and library services.
- Writing and Publication Hub – similar to our research hub, the writing and publication hub guides provide essential information for navigating the publishing process and more information on services the library provides to support the scholarly communication process
- Library Services – these guides provide more details on the many services the library provides
We recommend that you check out the LibGuides Index for yourself, accessible from the navigation bar on the library website, and see what sparks your interest.