August 2023 from the library directorPosted: August 1, 2023
We are excited to see new, incoming students and see familiar faces among our returning students at all our campus libraries again after our summer breaks. The past academic year brought several accomplishments among our staff, from national awards and presentations to first year anniversaries. I am glad to see our librarians and library support staff grow and receive the recognition they deserve for their hard work.
In our welcome emails, we are highlighting the services of our liaison librarians including:
- Helping develop and refine a literature search
- Assisting with literature and systematic reviews
- Helping understand copyright and publishing
- Helping with research data management
- Helping find databases, books, or articles for a research topic
- Troubleshooting access issues with library resources
Finally, there are four databases I want to highlight which support the research efforts at ATSU:
- Covidence supports the systematic review or scoping review process.
- Scopus allows a broader search into the hard and social sciences as well as allowing researchers access to places to publish, journal and article level citation statistics and impact, field-specific major researchers, institutional-level and author-level output and historical data for all these factors.
- Still ScholarWorks Repository is where all ATSU scholarly output can be placed in an ATSU branded, high exposure website.
- Sage Research Methods supports research instruction and learning at all levels by providing material to guide users through every step of the research process with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos.
I look forward to a productive academic year supporting the learning and research needs of our entire community. If you have any kudos, concerns, or questions, email me at email@example.com
Best, Hal Bright
University Library Director