Skip to content
  • To place an order, call:
    866.626.2878, ext. 2359

    • 06_Osteopathic_CD-1

      “Osteopathy’s Beginnings” CD Collection

      Handy for adding a historical touch to lectures and presentations, this collection of 14 slides includes both color and black & white images of Andrew Taylor Still, the Still family log cabin, the First School of Osteopathy two-room schoolhouse, A.T. Still with a femur bone, Still talking to Dr. William Smith, the first class of osteopathy (1894), the American School of Osteopathy Infirmary Building, Dr. William Sutherland and others.
    A.T. Still Museum collage

    The collections of the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine include more than 80,000 objects, photographs, documents, and books dating from the early 1800s to the present (focused mainly on 1870–1940). The core of the collection consists of artifacts from A. T. Still's professional and private life, most of them donated by Dr. Still's daughter, Blanche Laughlin, and members of her family.

    Since the founding of the Museum in 1934, other family members, DOs, and Museum supporters have donated many additional artifacts that reflect the ongoing history of the osteopathic profession. The research collections of the International Center for Osteopathic History (ICOH) also include many former holdings of the A.T. Still Memorial Library, for which the Museum assumed responsibility in 1997.