Physician assistant alumni gather in Boston during AAPA Annual ConferencePosted: May 24, 2014
Alumni and students from the physician’s assistant (PA) programs gathered in Boston to reconnect with one another and hear from Dr. Randy Danielsen, dean, A.T. Still University’s Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS); Jim Burkett, ’09, director of the advanced physician assistant (APA) program; Dr. James Cannon, ’97, vice chair of the ATSU Board of Trustees; and Dr. Ted Wendel, ATSU senior vice president of strategic initiatives. Below is a recap of their updates:
- The PA program has recently been granted accreditation-continued status, with the highest level of accreditation of seven years. Many thanks to Dr. Bert Simon, chair of physician assistant studies, and his team for all of their hard work
- ASHS will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next year. Thanks to our alumni who have been providing quality care in communities around the world and advancing the school’s reputation, we have opportunities to expand upon our program offerings. Please watch for news regarding our upcoming pathologists’ assistant program in partnership with M.D. Anderson, PA certificate in psychiatry and behavioral health, and doctorate of athletic training program.
- We are currently looking to hire an associate or full professor of physician assistant studies. If you or other qualified candidates are interested, please learn more about the position and apply here.
- The PA department can always use more preceptors to ensure our students receive quality clinical experiences. If you are interested in becoming a preceptor, please contact Dr. Laura Witte, director of didactic education, at email@example.com.
- As the PA department continues to grow and lead physician assistant education, your support greatly benefits current and future generations of students. One of the many opportunities to contribute is to sponsor a student’s white coat. For more information and to sponsor a coat this summer, click here.
Additional photos can be found on the alumni Facebook page.