Dental student checklist
As you prepare to make the transition to A.T. Still University’s (ATSU) Mesa, Arizona, campus, please keep the following checklist handy:
- Return acceptance agreement, background check, and all necessary payment deposits and forms by established deadlines.
- Mark your calendar for your student orientation.
- Check ATSU email for important information.
- Meet your classmates through the online forum (you will receive access information via email).
- Apply for financial aid.
- Submit all necessary health insurance and immunization information.
- Make housing arrangements – feel free to use the ATSU’s admissions office as home base for your planning.
- Contact ATSU Department of Admissions with any changes to your contact information (phone, email, address) so you will receive important updates.
We are pleased that you will be attending ATSU’s Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) in July 2020. Please have all copies of your records to our office by June 1, 2020. ATSU-ASDOH requires each student to have documented immunizations from birth to present day. These immunizations can be documented by either:
- Individual immunization record from childhood or
- State of Arizona allowable immunization exemption certificates on file with Student Success prior to matriculation. ATSU-ASDOH policy requires that all active students maintain compliance with the immunization and screening requirements.
Once you have gathered the necessary records, please email or fax to the address/number listed below. All immunization records must be from a U.S. Licensed MD, DO, PA or NP. ASDOH does not accept foreign immunization records. Foreign immunization records must be verified and documented by a US licensed MD or DO only.
Please have all copies of your records to our office by June 1, 2020. If you have trouble locating your records due to loss of some sort, try contacting your undergraduate school or your high school for copies of your past records. It is ATSU-ASDOH policy that we must maintain copies of all your immunization records while an active student. These records are kept for six years after graduation and then destroyed.
Students must provide immunization records for:
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTaP) series: a booster of Tdap within the last 10 years.
- Polio virus series: if documentation cannot be produced, a Polio Booster is required.
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR): two doses and a positive titer is required. If titer comes back negative, a booster is required
- Varicella series; 2 doses and a positive titer is required (history of chickenpox is not acceptable). If titer comes back negative, a booster is required
- Hepatitis B series: three doses and a positive titer is required. If titer comes back negative, a booster is required
- Two-step tuberculosis skin test; two completed tuberculosis skin tests greater than 10 days apart
- Influenza: clinic will be held on campus in the fall
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): All CPR cards must be HANDS ON courses only. No online or hybrid courses will be accepted. CPR must be active and must be renewed every two years from the date of issue.
Maintaining personal health insurance coverage throughout the duration of enrollment is a requirement for all ATSU students.To ensure that students have access to a comprehensive plan, A.T.Still University has chosen United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR) as its medical plan provider for the 2019-2020 student health plan. All ATSU students must meet ATSU requirements be either enrolling in the ATSU student sponsored health plan or submit a waiver and receive approval for use of another acceptable health coverage plan. To learn more about ATSU health insurance requirements or call the office of Enrollment Services at 660.626.2356 for more information.