Prospective Students : Admissions Requirements : Visit MOSDOH : Prerequisite Courses : Application Process
A formal minimum of three years (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours), but a baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- All applicants are required to take and submit the US Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores via the AADSAS site on or before December 1 of the application year. No scores older than three years will be accepted.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative and science grade point average of 2.50 on a four-point scale (3.0 minimum recommended). The overall and science GPA, the school(s) attended, and the rigor of the academic course load are all assessed on an individual basis.
- Applicants must provide a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation. They must be from a Science Faculty or Committee Letter and a Dentist.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- A formal minimum of three years college or university coursework from a regionally accredited school in the United States only (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours), but a baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- All pre-requisite course work must have been completed from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
Applicants are evaluated on academic course work, performance on the DAT, AADSAS essay, letters of evaluation, and interviews. Demonstrated community service through volunteerism or service-oriented employment is preferred.