Dental student checklist
As you prepare to make the transition to campus, please keep the following checklist handy:
- Return acceptance agreement, background check, and all necessary payment deposits and forms by established deadlines.
- Mark your calendar for your student orientation.
- Check ATSU email for important information.
- Meet your classmates through the online forum (you will receive access information via email).
- Apply for financial aid.
- Submit all necessary health insurance and immunization information.
- Make housing arrangements – feel free to use the ATSU Department of Admissions as home base for your planning.
- Contact ATSU Department of Admissions with any changes to your contact information (phone, email, address) so you will receive important updates.
We are pleased that you will be attending ATSU’s Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) in July 2024. Please have all copies of your records to our office by June 1, 2024 ASDOH requires each student to have documented immunizations from birth to present day. These immunizations can be documented by either:
- Individual immunization record from childhood or
- State of Arizona allowable immunization exemption certificates on file with Student Success prior to matriculation. ATSU-ASDOH policy requires that all active students maintain compliance with the immunization and screening requirements.
Please gather all of your official immunization records. You will receive instructions from the ASDOH admissions team on how to submit those to our school.
We require all copies come from a medical office (doctor office, urgent care, county health department). We will not accept medical records from another school/college/university. All records submitted to ATSU-ASDOH and those that come from a country outside the U.S. must be verified by a U.S. MD or DO. We will not accept verification from a PA or NP. All records are kept for 6 years after graduation.
Students must provide the following immunization records:
- MMR – Two doses are required and titer showing immunity. If no immunity is present, student must receive and submit booster along with immunization and/or negative titer results
- Hepatitis B – Three doses are required and titer showing immunity. If no immunity is present, student must receive and submit booster along with immunization and/or negative titer results
- Varicella – proof of two doses of Varivax. If student has had disease, titer demonstrating immunity will be accepted in lieu of immunization. Documentation of disease will not be accepted as proof of immunization.
- Tetanus – Td (tetanus/Diphtheria) and/or Tdap (tetanus/Diphtheria Pertussis) – Adacel/Boostrix. Booster shot within last 10 years.
- Polio – Date of most recent polio immunization.
- TB test – Student must provide one of the options below demonstrating a NEGATIVE result. This must be completed at least 6 months before the student’s matriculation date. You will be required to update your TB test every year while a student at ASDOH.
- TB skin test – If a student has a positive result on a skin test you will be required to obtain an X-ray and must provide a report from a radiologist confirming no active TB is present. No radiographs will be accepted as proof.
- Blood test (TSpot or QuantiFERON)
- Chest X-Ray Report showing no active TB present. Report must be from radiologist confirming no active disease. No radiographs will be accepted as proof of negative TB.
COVID 19 – All incoming ASDOH students must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 by one of the following:
- 1 shot (Johnson and Johnson) or 2 shot series (Pfizer or Moderna)
- Recent booster for COVID-19
- If you have never been immunized from COVID-19 and have questions please email email@example.com with questions
- CPR – All matriculated students will renew/complete their CPR course during orientation week at ATSU-ASDOH. More information regarding signing up for the CPR course and payment will be provided in the Spring before you start at ATSU-ASDOH. No student will be permitted to opt out of CPR renewal with ATSU-ASDOH regardless of CPR status.
Maintaining personal health insurance coverage throughout the duration of enrollment is a requirement for all ATSU students.To ensure that students have access to a comprehensive plan, A.T.Still University has chosen United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR) as its medical plan provider for the 2019-2020 student health plan. All ATSU students must meet ATSU requirements be either enrolling in the ATSU student sponsored health plan or submit a waiver and receive approval for use of another acceptable health coverage plan.