The Founding College of Osteopathic Medical Education
When A.T. Still University’s Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM) was founded in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still, DO, it became the first institution of osteopathic education in the world. Today, ATSU-KCOM continues to lead in comprehensive medical education, research, and healthcare.
Accommodating the increasing demands of 21st-century medical education, the KCOM campus has grown over its 125-year history to include a state-of-the-art human patient simulation lab, ultrasound lab, study rooms for standardized patient encounters, classrooms, and labs. The campus is also home to ATSU’s Gutensohn Clinic, Museum of Osteopathic Medicine, A.T. Still Memorial Library, Missouri Area Health Education Center program office, and A.T. Still Research Institute. Also on the campus grounds are on-campus housing, the Thompson Campus Center, Northeast Regional Medical Center, and the George Rea Cancer Treatment Center.