Integrated Community Service Partnerships (ICSP)
Community Home : Service Learning- Combine DIC and Community Based Learning : Integrated Community Service Partnerships (ICSP)
A key component of the mission of MOSDOH is the development of Integrated Community Service Partnerships (ICSP) that place students in community settings to complete a portion of their clinical training during their fourth year. The design of the ICSP program includes clinical education at MOSDOH’s clinical site in St. Louis for the entire D3 year, with 50% of the D4 clinical year taking place in the St. Louis clinical site and the other 50% taking place in CHC clinics, principally in Missouri. The D4 students will participate in 4 rotations of 4 – 6 weeks in length, followed by an equal amount of time at the St. Louis clinic.
The Integrated Community Service Program is a vital part of the unique educational program of MOSDOH and provides our students with:
- Exposure to a variety of community and public health based clinical environments and situations.
- An opportunity to be taught and mentored by excellent clinicians.
- A deeper understanding of the unique oral health challenges faced by many communities and the opportunity to learn first-hand how to address those challenges.
Over 20 CHCs have partnered with the University to provide training and treatment facilities for students in their fourth year of the program. Working in the CHCs and developing a first-hand appreciation for the effects of the care they provide will foster and deepen the commitment to public health for which MOSDOH strives.
ICSP Rotation Sites
- Affinia Biddle Street
- Affinia Florissant
- Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers
- Crider Health Center
- Clarity Healthcare
- Family Care Health Centers
- Family Health Center of Marshfield, Inc. Wisconsin
- Katy Trail Community Health Center
- Missouri Highlands Health Community Health Center
- Missouri Ozarks Community Health
- Myrtle Hilliard Davis Comprehensive Health Centers
- Northeast Missouri Health Council
- Northwest Health Center
- Ozarks Community Health Center
- Southeast Missouri Health Network
- Southern Missouri Community Health Center
- IHS – multiple locations
- Tuba City, Arizona
- Uinitay-Ouray –Utah
- Barrow, Alaska
- East Central Oklahoma City
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas