The Application Process
All official transcripts and letters of reference are sent directly to AACOMAS as part of the application process.
The below guidelines will be followed when reviewing international students for admission to ATSU-ASHS.
- All programs may accept international students. Prior to application, international applicants should review the program information in this catalog for program-specific requirements and contact the Admissions for current information on the application process.
Applicants who have graduated from a non-US college or university must submit acceptable evidence of U.S. degree and/or course equivalency. Applicants must have foreign transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service specializing in foreign transcript evaluation. The evaluation must state that the transcript(s) reflect an equivalency of a U.S. degree.
Written and spoken proficiency in the English language may be demonstrated by one of the following options:
English is your first language
Graduated from a regionally accredited four year university or college in the United States (minimum B.A. or B.S.)
You are demonstrating your English proficiency by submitting acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Acceptable TOEFL minimum scores for ASHS applications are:
Internet based total score = 80
Acceptable IELTS scores are an overall band score of 6.5
For more information on the IELTS, please visit https://www.ielts.org
*Please note. TOEFL subscore minimums may be required by some programs. Please refer to the individual program website or catalog page to determine if subscores are required.
The TOEFL is administered by TOEFL/TSE Services, PO Box 6151, Princeton, NJ, 08541-6151, USA (609) 771-7100. Information is available on the Internet at www.toefl.org. A.T Still University’s institutional code is 0339.
Please be sure to include this information when you submit your application packet.
Educational Testing Services
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
Applicants who have graduated from a foreign college or university must submit acceptable evidence of U.S. degree/course equivalency. All course work taken at the foreign institution must be evaluated for American institution equivalence by one of the following services:
World Education Services Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Credit for advanced standing will not be given for any work completed in foreign graduate or medical schools. All students must apply for first year status.
- International students must have permanent residency status (green card) to be eligible to receive any type of financial assistance through the college loan programs.
Additional program requirements include:
- Post Professional of Doctor of Physical Therapy: international applicants must possess a valid U.S. license as a physical therapist to apply to the Post Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- Post-Professional Doctor of Audiology: international applicants are eligible to apply but must show proof of certification or a license to practice audiology that is equivalent to licensure in the United States.
- Physician Assistant Program: starting with the Class of 2017, no degree equivalency or pre-requisite coursework equivalency will be accepted.