Support ATSU
  • About
  • Programs of Study
  • Admissions
  • Alumni
  • Departments


Veterans Educational Benefits

A.T. Still University is approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) for the certification of students eligible to receive VA educational benefits. Our personnel are aware and committed to working with veterans and active duty soldiers to ensure student success.  

All students who receive VA educational benefits are assisted by the School Certifying Official who is located on their respective campus. Please refer to the information below for the proper School Certifying Official contact information.

We cannot assist you with determining your eligibility for benefits. You are required to contact the DVA to determine eligibility. However, we are responsible for certifying your enrollment status to the VA, which results in you getting paid!


School Certifying Officials:


Deborah Ross-Carter, Assistant Director
Student Financial Services
A.T. Still University
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206-3618
480.219.6117 (phone), 480.219.6188 (fax)


Katie Clay , Assistant Registrar
Registrar's Office
A.T. Still University
800 W. Jefferson
Kirksville, MO  63501
660.626.2356 (phone), 660.626.2926 (fax)

Getting Started

Follow the steps below to begin the process of determining your eligibility for receiving VA educational benefits and to have your enrollment certified with the VA.

1.  Apply for DVA Education Benefits (DVA Form 22-1990) or Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (DVA Form 22-1995) if you have previously used your benefits at different institutions.  DVA forms may be found on the DVA's website

* Note - Our schools are listed on the DVA website as follows:

- School of Health Management (Missouri)

- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (Missouri)

- School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona

- Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health

-Arizona School of Health Sciences

2.  Once you are notified by the DVA of your eligibility to receive educational benefits, submit the following documents to the School Certifying Official:

    • DD-214 Discharge Document (provided by your military branch at completion of enlistment) or Notice of Basic Eligibility Form 2384 (provided by your unit)
    • Request for Certification Form
    • Certificate of Eligibility (provided by the DVA after the processing of your benefits application)
    • Copies of transcripts from all schools previously attended
      • If you were required to submit all transcripts for admission, the Admissions team will forward your transcripts to our office.  You will not need to supply a second set of transcripts.
      • If your program required only the degree-granting transcript, then you will need to have your school send copies to the following address:

        A.T. Still University
        Registrar's Office
        Attn: Katie Clay or Attn: Deborah Ross-Carter
        800 W. Jefferson
        Kirksville, MO 63501

If you are returning to the University after an absence and wish to be certified for the upcoming term, you will need to complete the Request for Certification Form and submit it to the School Certifying Official.  DVA forms are available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website

Student Responsibilities

In order to comply with laws governing DVA education benefits, it is your responsibility as a student to notify the School Certifying Official of your status with the University, which includes when you:

    • Add or drop a class(es)
    • Change your address
    • Withdraw from the college
    • Retaking a course

Only courses that are required for your degree program are eligible for certification.