ATSU-ASDOH GRADUATE LOAN Repayment PROGRAM
The Connect the Docs graduate loanship program is made possible by a $100,000 grant from the United Health Foundation.
Information for Applicants - Funding Year 2013-2014
With a generous grant from United Health Foundation, the ATSU-ASDOH Graduate Loan Repayment Program is designed to proactively address the nation’s workforce shortage. The goal is to provide an incentive for ASDOH graduates to enter practice in qualified community health centers (CHC) where there is a demonstrated need for dentists. The loan repayment provides financial relief complementing the graduate’s ability to serve in a CHC while reducing his or her student loan debt. The amount of the award is currently $25,000 per year for a two-year commitment for two recipients.
Requirements for applicants:
- Applicant must be a fourth year ASDOH student or an ASDOH graduate
- Applicant must have a minimum of a two year contract (or a minumum of two years remaining on a current contract) practicing in a CHC or other nonprofit community clinic
- Site must be located in a HRSA designated Health Professions Shortage Area (HPSA). If you do not know your site's HPSA score, please use this website http://hpsafind.hrsa.gov/HPSASearch.aspx
- Applicant must be filling, or have filled, a vacant position or a position about to be vacated by a current practicing dentist
- Applicant must agree to provide information on lenders in order for ATSU to transfer loan repayment funds directly to the applicant’s lender
- Applicant must agree to provide quarterly verification of ongoing employment throughout the two years of the program
- Applicant must agree to provide an annual report that verifies continuous employment for each year of the program and complete and submit the results of a “360° evaluation” in order to receive annual disbursement of funds
**Application deadline is November 15, 2013**
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges consisting of ASDOH Faculty and ATSU Administration and scored using a pre-determined matrix. The Graduate Loan Repayment recipients will be notified by December 16, 2013. Applicants who were not selected for an award will be notified by December 18, 2013.
To see a snapshot of the previous recipients of the Graduate Loan Repayment Program Click Here.