Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Symposium
15th Annual Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Symposium
In-Person and Virtual Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2023
A.T. Still University – Kirksville, Missouri, campus
Interprofessional Education Building – Second floor
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501
The Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Symposium (IBRS) is sponsored annually by the A.T. Still Research Institute (ATSRI) and features oral and poster presentations of research studies by ATSU graduate students, faculty, and staff; StillOPTI resident physicians; Truman State University undergraduate students; and other biomedical researchers and students. This year marks the 15th anniversary and will be held in the Interprofessional Education (IPE) Building on the Kirksville, Missouri campus of ATSU.
The aims of the symposium are to:
- Recognize, encourage, and reward student achievements in research.
- Promote interactions among outstanding students across multiple levels of education.
- Provide students with the educational experience of preparing a research presentation and presenting to an audience of their peers.
- Inform students of advanced research training opportunities and programs that offer support for training.
- Raise awareness among students entering healthcare professions about research methods, scope, and significance.
Dennis Black, MD
Registration and call for abstracts begin on Friday, Sept. 1, 2023.