Program Overview : Admission Requirements : Prerequisite Courses : Curriculum : Still Scholars Program : Faculty : Students and Alumni : Tuition and Expenses : Financial Assistance : Research : Clinical Education : Graduate Assistantships : FAQs : Downloadable Documents : Accreditation : In the News : Fact Sheet : Request a Tour
- Candidates accepted for admission to the Athletic Training Program will have earned a baccalaureate degree prior to enrollment.
- Applicants to the Athletic Training Program must demonstrate Board of Certification (BOC) certification as an athletic trainer or completion of all eligibility requirements to sit for the BOC certification examination.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants are expected to be computer literate and experienced in word processing. All curricula require extensive computer usage. Accepted applicants are required to have a laptop computer prior to the first day of class.
- Students must obtain and maintain CPR certification. Verification must be submitted to ATSU prior to enrollment.
- Applicants are required to submit official GRE scores. Any scores older than three years prior to matriculation year will not be accepted. GRE scores should be postmarked by the March 1 timeline of the application year. The GRE Code for ASHS is 3743. (There is no department code.)
- Applicants must secure references from: 1) academic advisor, professor, employer, family friend or minister, and 2) a health care professional. Letters from an educational consulting service will not qualify. Letters of reference must be submitted for each application year.
- Applicants must submit two copies of personal resume. Guidelines are offered in the application instructions.
- All students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English when applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences, A.T Still University. You can find information on the methods by which you can demonstrate your English Proficiency in the General Admissions section. International Admissions Requirements
- Applicants who wish to be considered for more than one program must submit a separate application and fee, official GRE scores, transcripts, and references for each program. Acceptance to ATSU is to a specific program and is not transferable to any other program. Application materials are not transferable from one application year to another.
- Applicants are required to submit all official college or academic transcripts.
- Technology requirements
Any athletic training student working as a graduate assistant, or who is practicing athletic training independently, is required to be licensed by the Arizona Board of Athletic Training. It is expected that students will become licensed prior to the commencement of their assistantship. Assistantships may be delayed or forfeited if the student fails to become licensed prior to this date. Note: BOC certification is required for Arizona athletic training licensure. There is no grace period for incoming athletic trainers. Additional information and relevant forms can be found at the Arizona Board of Athletic Training website.