SOMA Osteopathic Medicine
Error processing SSI file
Where Do I Start?
The 10 steps required for a student to receive financial assistance are as follows:
- The student completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Renewal FAFSA by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and following the instructions on the website. The A. T. Still University of Health Sciences school code is G02477.
- The Central Processing System (CPS) performs matches and edits, calculates a student contribution, and sends the data back to the processor.
- A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (ATSU) receives the information electronically (ISIR) within three to five business days.
- The student looks over the Student Aid Report (SAR) and, if accurate, keeps it for his/her records. If any corrections are needed, the student contacts the Financial Services Office.
- The Financial Services Office sends an electronic award letter to the student, along with instructions for completing the loan applications and other required forms.
- The student accepts, refuses, or modifies the award letter and submits all required forms to the Financial Services Office.
- In addition, the student completes loan applications as required.
- The Financial Services Office looks over the required forms and performs verification if necessary.
- The lender wires the funds by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the school or sends the institution a loan check.
- If by EFT, all funds will be applied to the student's account. The refund will be directly deposited to the student's checking account if proper documentation is on file.