A formal minimum of three years (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours), but a baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- All applicants are required to take and submit the US Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores via the AADSAS site on or before December 1 of the application year. No scores older than three years will be accepted.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative and science grade point average of 2.50 on a four-point scale (3.0 minimum recommended). The overall and science GPA, the school(s) attended, and the rigor of the academic course load are all assessed on an individual basis.
- Applicants must provide a minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation. They must be from a Science Faculty or Committee Letter and a Dentist and a Community Service Supervisor..
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, permanent U.S. resident or hold appropriate proof of immigration visa status that allows for academic study in the U.S..
- A formal minimum of three years college or university coursework from a regionally accredited school in the United States only (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours), but a baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- All pre-requisite course work must have been completed from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Prerequisite science courses must be taken within 5 years of applying.
Applicants are evaluated on academic course work, performance on the DAT, AADSAS essay, letters of evaluation, and interviews. Demonstrated community service through volunteerism or service-oriented employment is preferred.
DAT Code : 03
|Application Deadlines/Notification for 2010 Entering Class|
|AADSAS||November 15 (submitted)|
|*DAT scores||December 1 (taken)|
|Secondary Application||January 15 (postmarked)|
|Acceptance Notification||Beginning December 1|
International student admissions
- International students applying for admission to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health must meet all general requirements for admission as stated in admissions publications.
- International students must take all pre-requisite courses in the United States. Equivalency courses will not be considered.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken is required. Written and spoken proficiency in the English language may be demonstrated by one of the following options:
English is your first language.
You are demonstrating your English proficiency by submitting acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
For registration information for TOEFL contact:
TOEFL Services Educational Testing Services
P.O. BOX 615
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
- All academic course requirements and minimum GPA requirements must be met.
All pre-requisite course work must have been completed from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. All course work taken at the foreign institution must be evaluated for American institution equivalence by one of the following services:
World Education Services Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Foreign Consultants, Inc.
Credential Evaluation Services
3000 Dundee Road, Suite 209
Northbrook, IL 60062
Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
PO Box 9203
College Station TX 77842
- Credit for advanced standing will not be given for any work completed in foreign graduate or medical schools. All students must apply for first-year status.
- International students must have permanent residency status (green card) to be eligible to receive any type of federal financial assistance.
- International students not having permanent residency status must provide written proof of ability to finance their Dental education prior to matriculation.
- Applicants must submit Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores that are not older than three years.
- International students seeking to enter a program of study at ASDOH must obtain an appropriate visa issued by the U.S. Government. ASDOH is approved to issue a U.S. Department of Homeland Security For I-20. Upon receiving the completed Form I-20 from ASDOH, you will be able to apply for an F-1 (student) visa.