Alumni Ambassador Program : Alumni Directory : Alumni Forms : Alumni Portal : ATSU Alumni Association : Continuing Education : Employment Opportunities : Events : In Memoriam : Missouri Campus Maps : New Graduate Informaton : Services for Alumni : Update Form/Submit Alumni News : Contact Us
Alumni Ambassador Program
Mesa Fast Facts
- Located in south-central Arizona.
- Third largest city in the state; a suburb of Phoenix.
- Population of 460,462.
- The amount of land area in Mesa is 122+ sq. miles.
- Mesa elevation is 1,241 feet above sea level.
- Five minute drive to Phoenix.
- Mesa median income is $49,938.
- Public transportation available.
- Quality neighborhoods.
- 76 schools in Mesa.
- Apollo College, Arizona State University East, Keller Graduate School of Management, and De-Vry University .
- Weather is enjoyable with warm sunny days and cool night air. There are 313 average days of sunshine each year.
- Average temperature is 88 degrees F.
- Superstition Mountains and Phoenix Mountain Parks close by.
- Many attractions and sites to see: history/art museums, Grady Gammage Auditorium (at ASU), Nelson Fine Arts Center (at ASU), Phoenix Symphony, Phoenix Zoo, Red River Opry, Desert Botanical Garden, Arizona Science Center, many restaurants, nightclubs, shopping, and events to participate in.
- Professional sports teams: Arizona Cardinals (NFL), Phoenix Suns (NBA), Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB), Phoenix Coyotes (NHL), Phoenix Mustangs (West Coast Hockey League), Arizona Rattlers (Arena Football), Arizona Thunder (Indoor Soccer), Phoenix Mercury (WNBA), professional golf tournaments during season, Phoenix Greyhound Park Racing, Phoenix International Raceway, and Chicago Cubs’ spring training operations held in Mesa.