Psychiatry Online with DSM5
PsychiatryOnline.org (POL) offers the most comprehensive online access to psychiatric textbooks, journals, and professional development tools. This all-in-one virtual library provides psychiatrists and mental health professionals with key resources for diagnosis, treatment, research, and professional development. Included are:
- The DSM V library (DSM-5, DSM-5 Handbook of Differential Diagnosis, DSM-5 Clinical Cases)
- 4 leading APA journals (American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Services,
Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, and
Psychiatric News )
- Several Phychiatry texts
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry
- Gabbard's Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, 5th Edition
- Dulcan's Textbook of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Occupational Therapy Health Library by LWW
The Health Library for Occupational Therapy by LWW contains 11 core texts, over 40 videos, supplementary documents and over 700 review questions tailored for the OT program. The titles available in this collection will include top titles including Schell, Willard & Spackman’s Occupational Therapy 12e, OccupationalTherapy for Physical Dysfunction 11e by Radomski and Conditions in Occupational Therapy 4e by Atchison.
Browzine for the Web
Browzine for the Web (AZ / MO) has arrived. With permalinks (permanent URL links), Browzine for the Web can integrate the library's current holdings for almost any discipline (ex: Occupational Therapy), the table of contents of any journal (ex. New England Journal of Medicine) or articles (ex.Trajectory of Cognitive Decline After Incident Stroke; JAMA 314:1, p 41) into Blackboard courses, Guides or just about anywhere on the web. Contact Hal Bright for details. Further enhancements in the Fall will allow syncing between the Browzine app and Browzine Web for personal accounts.
New Library Catalog for Arizona Campus
The library recently combined the print holdings (books, videos and print journals) of the AZ campus library into the MO campus's library catalog named LANCE. If you use Still OneSearch to access our print holdings, your experience will not change. The following changes have occured:
- To access the catalog, use the "Library Catalog for Both Campuses" link on the Databases page
- Look and Feel of library catalog has changed
- Library catalog is named LANCE and has Arizona, Missouri and combined eBook holdings
- In Still OneSearch, the Location limiter on the left hand menu is activated on both campuses, you can use that to limit to just MO or AZ campus locations within the library (such as reserve shelf, etc)
Announcing the DynaMed Plus App
DynaMed Plus is here. Follow these instructions to download this app to up to three devices to take advantage of this additional point of care tool.
Download the free DynaMed Plus app from the iTunes App store/Google Play
Access DynaMed Plus from the library.
Click on the Mobile use – Get the DynaMed Mobile App link under Spotlight.
Enter your email address and click Send.
An authentication link is emailed to you.
Open the email from your mobile device and tap the authentication link to authenticate the app.
Note: If you do not tap the authentication link in the email within 48 hours you will need to request a new authentication key from within DynaMed Plus.
The DynaMed Plus App opens on your device and begins the initial content download.
Note: It is recommended that you are on a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of DynaMed Plus content as well as when updates become available. It takes 20-30 minutes.
New Features in UpToDate Apps
Version 2.0 is now available both for the UpToDate Mobile Apps for iOS® and Android™. Highlights include:
- Updated UI with simplified and consistent navigation
- Screens optimized for reading — headers and footers conveniently appear and disappear while scrolling
- Bookmarks made easy
- Automatic display of user's top three most used calculators
- Search box available at the top of most screens
Read the full release notes.
USMLE,COMLEX,NBDE,PANCE: New Study Tool - Board Vitals
Check out our new resource, Board Vitals! This is a board review tool similar to Exam Master that can be used by faculty, staff and students. Board Vitals offers a question bank, plus up-to-date explanations from the literature with answers and detailed feedback. Use the Boards Vital instruction page if you run into any difficulty.
Professors and Clinical Directors can also use this resource to send exams to their students in preparation for their Certification Exams as well (See the library for a faculty account for this functionality).
Residents in OPTIs need to contact the library to set up an account for you if you do not have an ATSU email address.
Board Vitals works best in Chrome, Firefox, or newer versions of IE.
Introducing BROWZINE: the Journal Reading App
Introduction to BrowZine from Third Iron on Vimeo.
What Does It Do?
- Easily read complete scholarly journals in a format that is optimized for tablet devices
- Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
- Be alerted when new editions of journals are published
- Easily save to Zotero, Mendeley, Dropbox and other services
How Do I Get It
- Download Browzine here for Android or iOS
- Choose your campus of AT Still University and enter your portal username and password
- Search for your favorite titles by title or subject and add them to your bookshelf.
- Save articles to your device for offline reading.
- Watch the more complete turorial here.
|If you are an ATSU Alumni and have any questions or need any assistance please contact the ATSMLib Arizona at 480-219-6090 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the ATSMLib Kirksville at 660-626-2336 (email@example.com).