Alumni Ambassador Program : Alumni Directory : Alumni Forms : Alumni Portal : ATSU Alumni Association : Continuing Education : Employment Opportunities : Events : In Memoriam : Missouri Campus Maps : New Graduate Informaton : Services for Alumni : Update Form/Submit Alumni News : Contact Us
Alumni Ambassador Program
Kirksville Fast Facts
- Located in Northeast, Mo.
- County seat of Adair County.
- Population of over 17,000 people.
- Size: 14.1 square miles.
- Employment industries by size: Non-manufacturing, Services, Trade, Government, and Manufacturing.
- Lodging: 10 hotels/motels located in and around the Kirksville area .
- Restaurants: Over 40 restaurants ranging from home cooking to upscale dining and barbeque to sea food.
- Libraries: Two public libraries are available to residents.
- Public primary and secondary education: Kirksville School District--enrollment size: over 2,300 students, grades: preschool-12th, class AAA, district size: 255 square miles.
- Private primary and secondary education: Faith Lutheran Church School--enrollment size: 100 students, grades: preschool-2nd; Mary Immaculate Catholic School: enrollment size: 132, grades: K-8th .
- Postsecondary educational institutions: A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine and School of Health Management, Moberly Area Community College, Truman State University .
- Kirksville is surrounded by three state conservation areas.
- Kirksville has nine public park facilities, including North Park Complex which features six baseball/softball fields and batting cages, and Rotary Park.
- Three museums are located in Kirksville including the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine.