About the Institute
The "Think Tank workgroup within the Division of Research Development is comprised of KCOMs most experience and successful researchers complemented by internal/external experts. This think tank of leading minds keeps abreast of current national and international literature/research and continually prioritize and disseminate the top research areas. The Think Tank will also offer assistance/guidance to investigators on gaining IRB approvals and will lead in the critical evaluation of important topics facing researchers including
- establishing and disseminating criteria for OMM/manual medicine literature review standards (evidence-based)
- evaluate and make recommendations for refinement of research methods, such as protocol, study design, data collection, management, analysis
- development of appropriate methods for human subjects safety
- case review methods
- development of clinical evaluation/data collection
- development of procedures for reporting adverse effects; and assessing inter-rater reliability, placebo effect, calibration, instrumentation, and nomenclature issues.