Support ATSU
  • About
  • Programs of Study
  • Admissions
  • Alumni
  • Departments


ATSU Registration

Residential programs

Residential programs are registered automatically based upon each program’s curriculum. No action needs to be taken by the student in order to register for a course. This is true for all residential programs at ASDOH, ASHS, MOSDOH, SOMA and KCOM (with the exception of Biomedical Sciences who utilizes online registration).

Online Programs-Academic Degree Plans

Many of our online programs at ASHS and CGHS are registered based upon an Academic Degree Plan (ADP) that is signed upon matriculation. Therefore registration is an automated process as long as no registration holds are on a student’s record.

Academic Degree Plan change deadlines (for CGHS Certificate Students only)
16-17 Fall Semester-6/3/2016
16-17 Spring Semester-11/18/2016

Online Registration

The ASHS Doctor of Athletic Training Program, KCOM’s Biomedical Sciences program utilize online registration. Listed below are the online registration dates for the 16-17 and 17-18 Academic years. Students who are on the block within semester system will register for both blocks at the beginning of the semester. A second session will open for new students starting block 2 or returning students.

2016-2017 Online Registration Dates

*Registration will begin at 8am CT on the first day and end at 11pm CT on the last day. (Dates are subject to change so please check this page each term.)

16-17 Fall Semester Registration Dates: 5/30/16-6/26/16
• 16-17 Fall Block 2 Registration Dates (new or re-entering students only): 8/15/16-9/11/16
16-17 Spring Semester Registration Dates: 11/14/16-12/11/16
• 16-17 Spring Block 2 Registration Dates (new or re-entering students only): 2/6/17-3/5/17

KCOM Biomedical Science
16-17 Fall Registration Dates: 6/16/16-6/19/16
16-17 Spring Registration Dates: 11/21/16-12/4/16

2017-2018 Online Registration Dates
17-18 Fall Semester Registration Dates: 5/30/17-6/25/17
• 17-18 Fall Block 2 Registration Dates (new or re-entering students only): 8/14/17-9/10/17
17-18 Spring Semester Registration Dates: 11/13/17-12/10/17
• 17-18 spring Block 2 Registration Dates (new or re-entering students only): 2/5/18-3/4/18

KCOM Biomedical Science
17-18 Fall Registration Dates: 6/5/17-6/18/17
17-18 Spring Registration Dates: 11/20/17-12/3/17

Online Programs - Semester Block FAQs

What do I need to know about enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time)?
Enrollment status is measured over a semester (made up of two ten week blocks) and includes all the credit hours you take during that semester. In other words, your enrollment status depends on the number of credit hours you take in a given semester. You should plan to register for courses at the beginning of each semester for both blocks that are included in that semester.

Why is this important?
If you are required to maintain an enrollment status for financial aid purposes, loan deferments, VA Benefits, or private scholarships, this is how you meet those requirements.

For example, if you have registered for three credit hours for the first block, but do not register for second block, you will be considered less than half-time until you register for the second block. Registering for both blocks at the start of the semester helps you avoid this scenario.

For example, half-time enrollment (five credit hours for a semester) is required for Direct Loan eligibility. If you plan on taking three credit hours in each block that makes up a semester, you would have to register for both blocks at once to qualify for half-time enrollment status.

Please refer to Enrollment Status for credit hours related to enrollment status.

How can I qualify for financial aid if I’m a new student and start classes in the second block?
Financial aid is based on your enrollment for the full semester. If you are a new student in the second block, you must be enrolled half-time (five credits).

What if I only want to register for one block?
You are not required to register for two blocks. It is important to ensure you have the proper enrollment status and meet eligibility requirements for any financial aid you are receiving.

How much is due when I register for both blocks?
If you register for block blocks, you will be required to pay prior to the start of the semester or set up a payment plan with the Controller’s Office. Loan disbursements will be made at the start of the semester when all paperwork has been submitted timely.  

If I register for two blocks at once, can I change my classes later for the second block?
Registering at the same time for both blocks in a semester will not affect your ability to adjust your class schedule should the need arise. You have the ability to add courses prior to the start of each block or drop courses, without financial liability, through the first week of each block (please note dropping courses could impact your financial aid and VA Benefit eligibility).

What is the difference between a course drop and a program withdrawal?
A course drop involves dropping one or more courses while still maintaining enrollment within the semester. For a class drop there is a 100% refund of tuition charges for that class if the drop occurs during the first seven days of that class and a 50% refund if the drop occurs during days 8-14 of the class.  After day 14, there is no refund for a dropped class. Details of the course drop policy may be found in the University Catalog at:

A program withdrawal occurs when dropped courses lead to no enrollment remaining for the semester, even if first block courses were completed.  For a semester withdrawal, the refund is based on the number of days enrolled in the semester.  If a student attends the first block and withdraws on the third day of the second block, the number of days enrolled in the semester would be 73 days or 52.1% of the semester.  Therefore, the refund would be 47.9% of the tuition charges for the full semester.  Students receive a tuition refund for a semester withdrawal up to the 60% point (day 84 of 140-day term) of the semester.  Details of the program withdrawal policy may be found in the University Catalog at:

I registered for both blocks. Should I purchase books for all of my classes (even the ones that begin during the second block)?
You are encouraged to obtain textbooks by block instead of semester. This will allow for flexibility to adjust your class schedule should the need arise.

When will I get my final grades?
Final grades are available 10 working days at the conclusion of each block.

If I take a block off, how will this impact my ability to receive financial aid?
Enrollment is required to receive financial aid. You must be enrolled at least half-time to receive federal loans.

If I take a block off, does this mean I have to start paying back my student loans?
Your enrollment status is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse by the Registrar’s Office. The six-month grace period for student loan borrowers begins the day after you are no longer enrolled at least half-time. In addition, an in-school deferment for student loan borrowers requires at least half-time enrollment.

How and when will financial aid be determined if I failed courses in the previous block? How will this affect me if I have registered for courses in the next block but failed courses in the previous one?
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for financial aid will be reviewed at the end of each semester.

How long are the breaks between blocks?
Each semester has a one week break between each the first and second blocks.

As a recipient of VA Benefits, what do I need to be aware of when registering for blocks?
For those utilizing the Post 9/11 GI Bill ®, the VA requires a student to be enrolled in more than half-time to be eligible to receive the monthly housing allowance (when applicable). Enrollment status (or training time) for students utilizing benefits like the Montgomery GI Bill or the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance directly correlates to the monthly rate they are eligible to receive. For more information on enrollment status and your VA benefit, please check the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.