Professional Development Resources for Regional Preceptors
"The successful teacher is no longer on a height, pumping knowledge at high pressure into passive receptacles...He is a senior student anxious to help his juniors."
–Sir William Osler, The Student Life
A.T. Still Memorial Library
- Habits are Habit Forming
- A Definition
- The Self-Discipline of being a Professional: Seven Essential Elements to Promote Excellence
- What are your Withholdings?
- RIME (Reporter to Interpreter, to Manager/Educator) with Reasons
- Setting Expectations
- A 5-Step Process for giving Critical Instructive Feedback
- Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Six Traps in the Evaluation Process
- Question your Questioning
- Choosing a Delivery Strategy
- Five Steps to Teaching Clinical Skills
- Using Cognitive Theory to Enhance your Teaching
Preceptor Training Tools
Preceptor Training Opportunities
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine Faculty Development site
- Life-Long Learning - is a requirement for being effective and successful as a physician. KCOM aids this process by offering a valuable selection of both distance-learning and on-campus educational degree programs as well as traditional CME programs.
Clinical Web Resources
The following categories of websites have been compiled for your use as a preceptor:
Academic - Websites maintained by medical schools for patient information and community education.
Association - Websites maintained by medical associations and related groups to disseminate practice guidelines and policies, patient information, and other information useful to the practicing physician.
Collaborative/Review - Organization websites that review online medical information and health information websites.
Government - Websites and databases maintained by the U.S. government for the dissemination of information related to human disease.
Publisher - Websites providing medical literature online to subscribers.
To provide feedback on any module or to request module topics please email email@example.com