Admission Requirements : Early Decision Process : Premedical Student Checklist : Application Checklist : Application Process : Top Ten Application Mistakes : Personal Statement Tips : Ambassadors : Still Scholars Early Acceptance : Early Decision Program & Still Scholars
Early Decision Process
The Early Decision Program is a service for the highly qualified medical school applicant who has made a definite decision that KCOM is their first choice among medical schools. In order to be considered, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements and agree to apply only to KCOM until an early decision notification is made.
To qualify for early decision the applicant must:
- Meet a minimum GPA of 3.50 both cumulative and in the sciences (biology, chemistry, physics).
- Have taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) and earned a composite score of 504 or higher.
- File the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) application and supporting credentials by August 1.
- File all secondary materials with KCOM by September 15.
- Submit Letter of Intent by August 1 indicating that the applicant is applying only to KCOM and wishes to be considered for early decision.
- Withhold all applications to other medical schools until early decisions are made by KCOM.
- Applications become available through AACOMAS on June 1. To contact AACOMAS, write: 5550 Friendship Boulevard, Suite 310, Chevy Chase, MD 20815-7231. AACOMAS Customer Service is available between 9 am and 5 pm EST Monday through Friday. You can contact them through their website, by calling (617) 618-2889, or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application, transcripts from all institutions attended, and MCAT scores must be received by AACOMAS by August 1.
- Secondary materials must be received by the KCOM Office of Admissions by September 15. Secondary materials include: application; $60 application fee; Letter of Intent; letter of evaluation from premedical advisory committee, premedical advisor, or science faculty member; and a letter of evaluation from a physician or employer.
- Interviews are conducted in early fall for applicants deemed qualified by the Admissions Committee.
- Notification of status will be made within two weeks of interview.
- A $1,000 non-refundable tuition prepayment will be required by December 14.
- Those applicants not accepted for early decision will be automatically returned to the regular applicant pool for later evaluation.