Hometown News Release
Congratulations, graduate! To celebrate this important milestone, we encourage you to send a personalized news release to your local news outlets. Using your school’s template as bulleted below, create a customized news release about yourself that you can share.
- Click the link to your respective school below. A Word document will appear.
- Replace bracketed information with your personal details – if you received a doctoral degree, notate Dr. <<your last name here>>.
- We recommend you direct your graduation announcement to a general newsroom email address and not to specific reporters. To avoid having your email deleted or caught in a spam folder, we highly recommend that you find a general email address on the newspaper’s website or in the print edition.
- Copy the release and paste it directly into an e-mail message addressed to your local newspaper(s). Use the subject line Local resident graduates from A.T. Still University
- (OPTIONAL) You may also include a photo. Newsrooms are inundated with email, so an attachment may slow the receipt of your message or it may be blocked by a spam filter. Instead, we suggest you include the following note at the end of your email: “Photo available upon request.”
- ATSU-KCOM news release template
- ATSU-SOMA news release template
- ATSU-ASHS news release template
- ATSU-ASDOH news release template
- ATSU-CGHS news release template