Types of Gifts
Gifts of Appreciated securities, stocks and bonds
- Provide significant tax advantages when transferred to ATSU before they are sold.
- Long-term securities (held more than one year) may provide a twofold tax benefit by creating an income tax deduction as well as avoiding the capital gains tax that would have been due on their sale.
- To transfer securities from a broker’s account, have your broker call University Advancement for further information. (ATSU has accounts with major brokerage firms.)
- To deliver securities by Depository Trust Company to ATSU’s bank, contact University Advancement to have delivery instruction faxed or emailed to your broker or financial advisor.
- To make a gift of physical securities you have on hand, contact University Advancement for instructions on how to complete the transaction by mail.
- Gifts of mutual funds may also be transferred to ATSU — contact University Advancement.