Evidence-Based Medicine Workshop
This online, self directed workshop is designed for residents, faculty, and preceptors interested in a basic overview of evidence-based medicine. This tutorial comprises five (5) lessons:
- Workshop 1: An Introduction to Evidence-Based Medicine
- Workshop 2: Accessing Evidence-Based information
- Workshop 3: An Introduction to Basic Research Design
- Workshop 4: Analyzing the Evidence
- Workshop 5: Evaluating the Effectiveness
This project was made possible by Grant Number R25 AT003579-01 from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).
- Go to the Continuing Education registration page.
- On the workshop registration sign up page, complete the requested information. There is no charge for the Evidence-Based Medicine for Physicians Workshop and no need to provide your credit card information.
- Check the box to the right of Evidence-Based Medicine for Physicians
- After completing the form, select Submit Registration Form. If there is an error such as missing information, a red help asterisk displays next to the missing information.
- When the form is correctly completed and submitted, you will see a confirmation page. Within 24 hours (weekday), you will receive an email to the address you provided. It will contain your username and password.
- After you have received your username and password, go to https://mycourses9.atsu.edu/
- Login using the username and password provided to you by the workshop moderator.
- After logging into Blackboard, a list of your courses will appear to the right. Select “KCOM-EBMP: Evidence-Based Medicine for Physicians”.
- Select the menu option labeled Course Orientation and Introductions. Use the back button to return to the workshop menu page when you have completed the Workshop Pre-Assessment (found in the Course Orientation and Instructions folder). Select and complete the workshop of your choice.
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, accessing Blackboard or module components, please contact Ivy Garmon.