Admission Requirements : Early Decision Process : Premedical Student Checklist : Application Checklist : Application Process : Top Ten Application Mistakes : Personal Statement Tips : Ambassadors : Still Scholars Early Acceptance : Early Decision Program & Still Scholars
Additional Pre-Matriculation Requirements
Additional pre-matriculation requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to receive automatic entry into ATSU-KCOM’s medical school program include (See Timeline):
Meets Matriculation Academic Criteria established for Still Scholars program
- Demonstrates progress toward successful completion of prerequisite coursework at a U.S. accredited college or university with a minimum “B” grade in all required courses.
- Submits current transcript(s) showing the completion of all of the following required academic pre-requisite coursework to demonstrate successful fulfillment of all academic requirements for ATSU-KCOM’s Still Scholars Program. Students must have received a grade of “B” or above from a U.S., regionally accredited college or university in the following courses by the time of their pre-matriculation interview to remain eligible for automatic acceptance into ATSU-KCOM without taking the MCAT (any deviation from the pre-requisite courses requires written approval from ATSU Admissions):
- Biology with Lab: Two completed courses (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- General Chemistry with Lab: Two completed courses (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- Organic Chemistry with Lab: Two completed courses (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- English: Two completed courses (6 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- General Physics with Lab: Two completed courses (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours).
- Maintains an overall strong academic record (3.40 or higher cumulative GPA, 3.40 or higher science GPA.)
- Scheduled to earn baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
Completes AACOMAS Application for admission to ATSU-KCOM
Completes ATSU-KCOM Secondary Application
Receipt of Evaluation Forms/Letters of Recommendation: At least one evaluation from each required category must be received. Participants must provide new letters* from new evaluators. Additional letters of recommendation can be provided, but no more than five evaluations will be accepted.
- Academics: Required evaluation from faculty advisor OR a faculty member from an ATSU-KCOM pre-requisite course to demonstrate strong academic progress and potential for medical school success
- Clinical or Work Experience: Required evaluation from at least one shadowing physician mentor to demonstrate continued professional growth toward becoming an osteopathic physician
- Community Involvement: Optional evaluation from an extra-curricular faculty/staff advisor to demonstrate continued involvement with community service/leadership opportunities
*Please submit letters on official letterhead or KCOM Secondary application forms only. Still Scholar application forms will no longer be accepted when officially applying to the ATSU-KCOM Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Program.
*Letters may not be submitted by immediate or distant relatives
Lack of Disciplinary Actions in the community or at the college/university (pending or active)
Successful ATSU-KCOM Pre-Matriculation Interview on ATSU-KCOM’s campus