FAFSA : General
Information : Credit : Tuition
and Budget : Loans Available
at ATSU : ATSU Policies
Where Do I Start?
The 10 steps required for a student to receive financial assistance
are as follows:
- The student completes the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Renewal FAFSA by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and
following the instructions on the website. The A. T.
Still University of Health Sciences school code is G02477.
- The Central Processing System (CPS) performs matches and edits,
calculates a student contribution, and sends the data
back to the processor.
- A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (ATSU) receives the information
electronically (ISIR) within three to five business days.
- The student looks over the Student Aid Report (SAR) and, if accurate,
keeps it for his/her records. If any corrections are
needed, the student contacts Student Financial Services.
- Student Financial Services sends an electronic award letter
to the student, along with instructions for completing
the loan applications and other required forms.
- The student accepts, refuses, or modifies the award letter and submits
all required forms to Student Financial Services.
- In addition, the student completes loan applications as required.
- Student Financial Services looks over the required forms.
- The lender wires the funds by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to
the school or sends the institution a loan check.
- If by EFT, all funds will be applied to the student's account. The
refund will be directly deposited to the student's checking
account if so desired by the student and proper documentation is on
file. Otherwise, a check will be issued to the student.