Student Guide to Writing, Citing, and Getting an 'A'
A.T. Still University's Online Writing Center is a resource for all students seeking writing assistance. The OWC offers web-based resources covering a variety of common writing topics, as well as, review of papers and dissertation chapters. It is accessed via the ATSU Portal at https://my.atsu.edu - the link is in the Google menu in the middle of the page and via the ATSU Online menu lin on the left.
You may submit papers to the OWC for review at firstname.lastname@example.org
OWL: The Purdue Online Writing Guide
- Links to over 200 onlin ewriting resources and instructional material resources put together by the English Department at Purdue University to support student's and faculty writing and teaching of writing efforts.
“Writing Resources” from the Washington College Writing Center
Procedure for Writing a Term Paper
Citation Assistance Sites
Landmark's Son of Citation Machine
- Citation Machine is an interactive web tool designed to assist high school, college, and university students, properly cite intellectual content pulled from other sources.
Knight Site - a Porject of the Hekman Library at Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI
American Psychological Association (APA) Style Guides
APA Style. Electronic Resources
- APA has implemented some brand new changes in the hopes of simplifying and standardizing references, especially when it comes to electronic equivalents of print journals.
- Includes “Elements to Include in References to Electronic Sources.”
APA Style Guide to Electronic Resources
APA Style Reference Formats
- Examples adhere to the format for citing material as indicated in the 5th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, plus examples for online materials adapted from the 2007 APA Style Guide to Electronic References.
- From Northern Michigan University
American Medical Association (AMA) Style Guides
AMA Manual of Style Online 10th ed.
AMA MEDSTYLE STAT!
- AMA MedStyle Stat! is a quick reference to using the style of the American Medical Association in research papers. It is based on the 9th edition of the AMA Manual of Style (1998).
AMA-Style Citations and References
International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Sample References
Citing Evidence - The NLM Style Guide for Authors, Editors and Publishers, 2nd ed. 2007
Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Writing and Editing for Biomedical Publication
Citation Style Manuals available in print
- American Medical Association manual of style, 9th ed. (1998) REF WZ 345 A511 1998
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th ed. (2001) WZ 345 P976 2001