Admission Requirements : Mission Statement : Student Guides, Curriculum and Calendar : Tuition and Expenses : Financial Assistance : FAQs : Technology Requirements : Faculty & Staff : Accreditation : Fact Sheet : Goals : Hometown Scholars : Request a Tour : NCCPA PANCE pass rates
- Candidates accepted for admission to the ASHS PA Program will have earned a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university (no equivalency will be accepted).
- The applicant must have achieved a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average overall (3.00 or higher strongly recommended) and a minimum 2.75 cumulative science grade point average (3.00 or higher strongly recommended) on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants are expected to be computer literate. All coursework requires extensive computer usage. Accepted applicants will be provided laptop specifications.
- Applications must be submitted through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (www.caspaonline.org). Please refer to the CASPA application instructions for specific details about completing the application, required documents, and processing time. The CASPA application cycle begins in Mid-April of the academic year preceding the year in which the applicant plans to matriculate. You must have submitted a completed application to CASPA by the Sept. 1 deadline. All secondary applications must be verified by Oct. 1 to be considered. Program enrollment is based on a rolling admissions policy. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received, thus applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation from professionals to. (1) Employer or supervisor (2) Health Care Practitioner (Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner), and (3) Science Faculty Member. Please refer to the CASPA application instructions for specific guidelines and requirements for submitting letters of recommendation.
Once ATSU-ASHS receives a completed CASPA application and determines that minimum requirements are met, the applicant will be notified by email to submit a secondary fee for final processing. Upon receipt of this fee, the application is forwarded to the program for consideration.
NOTE: Applicants are responsible for notifying the Office of Admissions of any changes in their mailing address or email address. All requests for withdrawing an application must be done in writing via email, fax, or letter. Applicants are encouraged to check all email folders in the rare event our email is filtered into a spam or junk mail folder.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain patient care experience, sufficient to recognize the physical & psychological demands of dealing with patients and to appreciate the challenges and rewards of being a healthcare professional.
- Applicants must successfully complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
- All students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English when applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences, A.T Still University. You can find information on the methods by which you can demonstrate your English Proficiency in the General Admissions section. International Admissions Requirements
- Applicants who are considered potential candidates must visit ASHS to participate in an applicant interview process.
- The Graduate Records Exam (GRE) is NOT required
- Please see the program guidebook to review the Technical Standards for Admission.
Applicants must have completed the following courses prior to matriculation. All pre-requisite coursework must be completed from a regionally accredited institution (no equivalency will be accepted).
- Human Anatomy with lab ( recommended that course be completed within 5 years of application date) minimum 4 semester credits.
- Human Physiology with lab ( recommended that course be completed within 5 years of
application date) minimum 4 semester credits.
If you have taken a combined Anatomy & Physiology course, you must have two or more semesters (each with lab).
- Microbiology (recommended that course be completed within 5 years of application date) minimum3 credits.
- Biochemistry - minimum3 credits
- College algebra or statistics - minimum 3 credits
- Medical Terminology (1-3 credits)