Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency
Admission Requirements : Curriculum Guide : Faculty : Tuition and Expenses : Accreditation : Expert Clinicians : Continuing Education Courses : Clinical Sites : Becoming a Mentor : Frequently Asked Questions : Apply Now
- Graduation from a CAPTE (Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education) physical therapy program;
- License to practice physical therapy in Arizona before matriculation (Arizona license required for residency clinical experiences);
- Employment in an approved clinical practice in Arizona.
- Submit primary application through RF-PTCAS at www.abptrfe.org. Application opens September 16th one year prior to anticipated enrollment.
- The deadline to apply through RF-PTCAS is June 15th of the year of anticipated enrollment.
Items required of applicants in the RF-PTCAS primary application:
- Complete RF-PTCAS application;
- Official transcripts from every PT U.S. college and university attended;
- Correct RF-PTCAS application fee
- 3 received electronic Letters of Recommendation
Program specific supplemental requirements:
- Supplmental fee of $70;
- Additional information detailing clinical site and mentor;
- Interview with Residency Program Director.
Qualities desired for Residency applicants
- Strong desire to advance clinical skills and knowledge;
- Strong communication in clinical reasoning skills;
- Evidence of self-initiative and self-responsibility;
- Commitment to patient-centered practice.
For additional information regarding the orthopedic physical therapy residency program please contact:
PT, DPT, Mapp, OCS, FAAOMPT