- Candidates accepted for admission to the Transitional Doctor of Audiology (distance education) Program will have earned a master’s or doctoral degree in audiology from a regionally accredited college or institution. Master’s degree equivalency as demonstrated through state licensure in audiology or verification of the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) is also accepted.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum of 2.70 GPA for the graduate program (on a 4.0 scale). The undergraduate GPA will be included in the GPA calculation for applicants whose transcripts are from countries where the undergraduate degree is the degree in audiology and the master's degree is not required to practice.
- Applicants must submit official documentation of current audiology licensure, Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A), Board Certification in Audiology by the American Board of Audiology (ABA), or Aud-C (in Canada). If licensure and/or certification were held in the past, but are not currently active, applicants must submit official documentation of previous licensure and/or certification. If the licensure or certification agency does not send paper verification forms, the applicant must provide a website URL for verification of previous licensure or certification. For applicants who practice outside of the United States or Canada, the applicant must provide official documentation of regulatory certification or registration to practice audiology that is held by the applicant, and the applicant's credentials will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Individuals are not eligible to enroll in the program if their license, certification or registration is currently revoked or suspended.
- Applicants must have a minimum of four years of full-time experience in Audiology beyond the master’s degree, or its part-time equivalent of 5,760 hours. Experience gained during the Clinical Fellowship Year does count toward the 5,760 hours. If an applicant is not currently licensed or certified and has not been engaged in the profession of audiology in the past 5 years, it is mandatory that the academic plan include 24 credits of coursework. Individuals who have not held an audiology license or certification and who have not been engaged in the profession of audiology within the last 10 years are not eligible for the Doctor of Audiology Transitional degree program.
- Applicants are expected to be computer literate and experienced in word processing and Internet use. All curricula require extensive computer usage.
- Applicants are required to submit official profile scores from the
Evaluation of Practicing Audiologists Capabilities (EPAC). An official report of EPAC results must be forwarded to the Admissions Processing Center from the EPAC evaluator’s office. For an EPAC application or profile of results, contact Credentialing Services at email@example.com or 309.343.1202. You can also order the EPAC or an Expedited EPAC by going to www.audfound.org. The standard processing time once you have submitted your EPAC application is 4-6 weeks.
- Applicants must secure two references from audiologists or healthcare professionals familiar with the applicant’s clinical and professional experience. Letters of reference must be submitted for each application year.
- Applicants must submit a personal resume following the guidelines offered in the application packet.
- Applicants who are considered potential candidates are required to interview by phone.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for more than one program must submit a separate application fee and application packet. Application materials are not transferable to another ASHS program. Acceptance to ASHS is to a specific program and is not transferable to any other program.
- If an applicant is not granted admission, upon consideration of a completed application file, new materials and fees must be submitted in order to reapply at a later date and to demonstrate additional qualifications.
- Applicants are required to submit all official college or academic transcripts.