Alumni Ambassador Program : Alumni Directory : Alumni Forms : Alumni Portal : ATSU Alumni Association : Continuing Education : Employment Opportunities : Events : In Memoriam : Missouri Campus Maps : New Graduate Informaton : Services for Alumni : Update Form/Submit Alumni News : Contact Us
ATSU Alumni Association
The mission of the A.T. Still University (ATSU) Alumni Association is to support ATSU and to
encourage beneficial relationships with ATSU and its alumni.
The ATSU Alumni Association will provide opportunities for networking and collaboration
between the various college alumni chapters and develop cross-campus and interdisciplinary
programs or events to support ATSU including:
- Financial Support – To help raise funds for the various colleges of ATSU.
- Recruitment Support – To assist the ATSU Admissions Office
in the recruitment and mentoring of prospective students. This would
include participation in the Alumni
- Activity Support – To provide support for ATSU-sponsored regional events, national and state meetings, ATSU campus events, and alumni reunions.
- Volunteer Efforts – Participate with ATSU annual campaigns,
volunteer work, and
provide contacts/resources for cultivation of donors and friends for ATSU.
The ATSU Alumni Association will serve as the voice of alumni as it reports on activities
and initiatives of each alumni chapter to the ATSU Board of Trustees.
Article I. Name
The name of this organization is A.T. Still University (ATSU) Alumni Association.
Article II. Alumni Board Membership
Alumni board membership will consist of the chair from each of ATSU’s Alumni Chapters, in
addition to one member that each chapter appoints. These include:
Arizona School of Health Sciences Alumni Chapter (ASHSAC)—two members
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health Alumni Chapter (ASDOHAC)—two members
School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona Alumni Chapter (SOMAAC)—two members
Each member of the ATSU Alumni Association Board shall serve a two-year term, with terms beginning July 1 and expiring on June 30 of the second year. This term is renewable at the discretion of each alumni chapter. Alumni Association Board members or officers shall not serve more than two consecutive terms (four years).
The ATSU Alumni Association is made up of board members from the ATSU Alumni Chapters.
These chapters include:
Each chapter will have its own Bylaws, as approved by the ATSU President.
New Alumni Chapters
Pending approval of new schools/colleges by the ATSU Board of Trustees, Alumni Relations will coordinate the installation of a new alumni chapter into the ATSU Alumni Association upon graduation of the charter class.
Article III. Expenditures
On-site meeting expenditures will be coordinated by ATSU Alumni Relations. It is the
responsibility of the ATSU Alumni Association Board members to pay for expenses, including
travel, overnight accommodations, and meals. These expenses can be credited to the member’s
gift income record at the University. This gift is in addition to any pledge of support the member
might have with ATSU.
Article IV. ATSU Alumni Association Board Officers, Members and Their Duties
Officers will consist of Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association and Vice Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association. The Chair and Vice Chair must be from different alumni chapters to ensure wide representation. Officers shall be elected to serve a one-year term. At the end of their term, officers may extend their term another year at the request of the ATSU Alumni Association Board. Election of officers among the ATSU Alumni Association Board members will take place in the spring and officers will start their term of service on July 1 of that year. The elections will be conducted by email, regular mail, or cast ballot and coordinated by ATSU Alumni Relations. Officer candidates of the ATSU Alumni Association may nominate themselves or may be nominated by other ATSU Alumni Association Board members.
Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association Board:
- Preside over ATSU Alumni Association Board meetings and set the meeting’s agenda in conjunction with the ATSU Alumni Relations.
- Act as a liaison to the ATSU Board of Trustees by attending one meeting per year.
- In coordination with ATSU Alumni Relations, provide
training of the
incoming Board members.
- In coordination with ATSU Alumni Relations, appoint chairs of committees, etc.
- He/she will ensure all orders and resolutions of the ATSU Alumni
Board of Directors are carried into effect.
- The Chair will promote the welfare and further the objectives of ATSU.
- Coordinate ATSU Alumni Association Board representation at ATSU
for induction to the ATSU Alumni Association and its Chapters.
Vice Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association Board:
- Assist the Chair and preside over meetings in his/her absence.
- Assist with reports to the ATSU Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate the activities of the different committees.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association Board.
Board Member Duties:
- Attend or participate in all ATSU Alumni Association meetings in person.
- Serve on at least one committee.
- Act as a voice to the ATSU Alumni Association Board for his/her alumni chapter.
- Act as a voice to his/her alumni chapter on behalf of the ATSU
- Assist and provide input and support with ATSU recruitment, career
social events, mentoring, and fund-raising efforts.
- Identify and/or open doors to funding for ATSU.
- As appointed by the Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association Board,
ATSU Alumni Association and respective chapters by conducting the ATSU Alumni
Association induction at graduation.
The Board of Directors of the ATSU Alumni Association shall consist of the Chair from each
alumni chapter (KOAA, ASHS, SHM, ASDOH, and SOMA), in addition to the Chair and Vice Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association for a total of seven members.
Article V. Voting
- Voting will be done by email, standard ballot, or voice.
- A majority vote of the ATSU Alumni Association Board members present is needed to pass all motions. The Chair votes only in the case of a tie.
- The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the ATSU Alumni Association Board in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the bylaws of the ATSU Alumni Association and any other special rules of order the ATSU Alumni Association may adopt.
Article VI. Resignation, Replacement, and Removal of Board Members and Members
In the event that an ATSU Alumni Association Officer, Board member, or Chapter member is
unable to uphold his/her duties for academic, professional, or personal reasons, that person shall
submit a formal written resignation to the Chair of the Alumni Association prior to resigning.
In the event of a vacancy in the office of the Chair, the Vice Chair shall assume the role of the
Chair. In the event of vacancy in any other position, a new Board member nomination and
election shall occur at the next meeting of the Board.
If any Board member misses two consecutive meetings without advance consent from the Chair
of the ATSU Alumni Association, that Board member will be replaced and their respective
alumni chapter shall appoint a new representative.
Article VII. Meetings
Each year, an Annual Meeting of the ATSU Alumni Association Board shall occur at a location
determined by the University. ATSU Alumni Relations will provide administrative support at all meetings.
Article VIII. Amendments
Amendments to the bylaws shall be coordinated by the Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association
and follow the procedure:
- The ATSU Alumni Association Board member presenting the proposed amendment shall contact the Chair of the ATSU Alumni Association Board or ATSU Alumni Relations so that the proposed amendment can be added to the agenda for the next meeting. The ATSU Alumni Association Board will receive written notice of the proposed amendment with the meeting agenda at least seven days prior to the Annual Meeting.
- The ATSU Alumni Association Board member presenting the proposed amendment shall attend the next ATSU Alumni Association meeting and propose the amendment both orally and in writing. The proposed amendment shall be sent to the ATSU President for approval. If approved by the President of ATSU, the proposed amendment shall be voted on during the Annual Meeting at which it is presented.
Article IX. Committees
Alumni Relations, in consultation with the Chair of the Alumni Association, will appoint committee chairs to include the: Student Recruitment Chair, Life-Long Learning Chair,
Fund-Raising Chair, Volunteer Chair, and Social Activities Chair. Committee Chairs are
appointed on an annual basis during the spring with terms beginning on July 1.
Please contact Alumni Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.